Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me....just the snakes

Comment

You need to get over your fear.You know they say face your fears.Just kidding

Comment

Originally posted by whaskin1125 View Post
        Saw 4 today.Drew on 2 but didnt shoot cause they was to big for me.over 200lbs.Shot at a little one but he was in some thick stuff and hit a branch.
        too big? face your fears bro

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
          too big? face your fears bro
          No fear..just dont like the wsy the big ones taste...and to old and out of shape to try get it back to the car..I know excuses.....

Comment

Going for first hunt...advise?

Greetings guys! I'm an aspiring bowhunter, but have yet to embark on my first hunt. I'll be spending 4 days out in Granger this weekend in an attempt to get my first hog. I've read many of the discussions between you guys and have gained some valuable knowledge; however, I have many looming questions. Is there any pertinent advise with which you guys could offer? I have the means to hunt from stands (climbing) or, obviously, to stalk, but am unsure of what method would be most optimal for the conditions. Any advise you guys could offer would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Comment

Sit over bait.....it's too green too stalk.....too many ticks. Rattlesnakes.red bugs...mosquitoes...too dang hot to walk around through that crap....need to have your spot baited a few days prior though..and need to use some strong smelling stuff like raspberry jello ..or hog wild...or hunt a trail coming from standing corn back to the wma. Stalking is not recommended. Get in the shade of a tree and hunt an hour before dark.

Comment

Lots of harvesting Going on right now so they may not come to corn rather than wait until dark and they go out into the fields at night..I don't hunt hogs until after I'm tired of killing dove in sept.

Comment

What navy said. To add to it and since food is plentiful and it's hot locate a wallow and hunt it with bait . Pigs don't sweat so they have to have water and shade in the heat of the day. There is a really good wallow leading out on the pond. Or use to be... Have not been in over 2 years. It's really too hot and nasty. But you might be tougher and more mad at them hogs than I am. I hunted hot weather first couple years. But you get over it quick. At least I did.

Comment

Ditto what Navy and Dirty said. Way to hot and way to far out to risk a bite that far out. I won't be out here to hunt hogs till November.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                      Ditto what Navy and Dirty said. Way to hot and way to far out to risk a bite that far out. I won't be out here to hunt hogs till November.
                      I put in some miles on a few occasions the past two months, and got on hogs each time. But as Navychief said, stalking is tough when the ground is noisy like it is now. Also, I always wear snake boots, pants, long sleeve shirt, gloves, and a neck gaiter when I go out in this weather, to minimize my exposure to mosquitoes and ticks.

Comment

Went out this last weekend. Pretty warm, but not terrible. I was at Hood doing our AT for the previous two weeks though so I'm pretty acclimated to the heat at this point. Saw quite a few does. Ran into a group of 4 bucks hanging out. Was able to get within about 30 yards before they busted me. Scared a spike pretty bad. I came over a ridge and he jumped up at about 5 yards and looked me dead in the eye. I think we were both pretty surprised. He gave me a good stare then took off. Found some sign, but couldn't get on any hogs.

Comment

Is anyone going out sometime next week? Maybe from 18th-23rd? I want to get a hunt in before the fall semester starts.

Comment

I've give all you guys some props for going out in this heat man. i just can't do it. I'm sure the lack of hunting pressure right now will greatly increase your chances. Good luck, keep us posted!

Comment

Better get your bow hunting in now because the first few days in sept is pepper city....lol....well at least over by sore finger and the horse shoe and doppler...

Comment

I usually post when I am going out and you are more than welcome to tag along however it will be a bit as the temps need to cool down a bit. We always have a great time.

Comment

Working...
                                X