"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
    yes sir, Yall are going to get me in trouble.... I am going to hang low. Have had strep since my vacation 2 weeks ago. Just now feeling alive. Still have crab traps and sand dollars in the truck. Have not even touched it. Sure hope I got rid of the bait. Scared to go open the truck door. Too many honey do's. Ok just too much to do period. Have to play adult this weekend. Looks like perfect camping weather too! So tempted to say F it. I can do chores later.
    Don't wanna be a bad influence...but us should say F-it and come out. Chores will always he there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
      yes sir, Yall are going to get me in trouble.... I am going to hang low. Have had strep since my vacation 2 weeks ago. Just now feeling alive. Still have crab traps and sand dollars in the truck. Have not even touched it. Sure hope I got rid of the bait. Scared to go open the truck door. Too many honey do's. Ok just too much to do period. Have to play adult this weekend. Looks like perfect camping weather too! So tempted to say F it. I can do chores later.
      And the wife will eventually get over it! You must master the Brownie points during the week so you can play on the weekend grasshopper!

Comment

I know you know the drill Dirty! I'm messin with ya brother!
        Hope you can make it out! I'm def gunna try!

Comment

Its not the wife that I really have to answer to. Its the little ones. Wife would be sure go hunting, let me load up the kids for you.

Comment

Aaarrruuuughhh!!!!!!! My plans changed last night at about 2100 hrs. Friends are making a trip to Austin and wife "ASKED", (read as, strongly encouraged), if I could "MODIFY" (read as, cancel) my plans and go spend Saturday in Austin with our friends. Mad at self for caving, the first "I'm madder that H3LL" threat and I caved. Buddy had to "MODIFY" his weekend plans, as well. Wifies kinda sprung it on us. So much, for coordinating two work schedules two weeks out to make a hog hunting trek. Weather is awesome as well. Drippy, rainy here in SA. I'll just leave the pack, hammock, fleece blankets for a bed, tomahawk, water bottles, knives and bow in the front room to remind her of what I gave up. And the weather is supposed to be awesome, Aarruugh !!!!! Was thinking about a dash for a Friday hunt, but 5 hours driving to hunt all day was not encouraging. Now I'm waiting for the dryer repairman. This weekend is gonna cost me more than a tank of gas. Somewhere, sometime this will all even out. Eventually, I'll get to hunt this new bow. Now let me go pull this broadhead tipped, broken Cedar arrow out of the railrad tie backstop.
            Last edited by Wudstix; 05-23-2014, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
              And the wife will eventually get over it! You must master the Brownie points during the week so you can play on the weekend grasshopper!
              Thought I had this in the bag. Friend's wife kinda sprung this trip on us, my wife chimed right in. There wil be plenty of time in the happy hunting ground, but hopefully enough more before then, as well.

Comment

Anyone else heading out tomorrow. At this point I'm still planning on goin.

Comment

Y'all doing the early morning hunt? I bet scooter would be up for it. He has sat morning kitchen passes.

Comment

Anyone heading out today? Had plans change but off today and still looking to maybe get out there. Really don't wanna go out there alone. I know make fun...but it's always more fun with a buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                      Anyone heading out today? Had plans change but off today and still looking to maybe get out there. Really don't wanna go out there alone. I know make fun...but it's always more fun with a buddy!
                      Ill be going tomorrow and monday.Cant go today its my wifes birthday.

Comment

Kill something for me, I'll be in the capital this weekend.

Comment

Well I decided to suck it up and walk out to the PC today. Beautiful day. It's not as thick out there as I thought it would be. Walked into a full campground of people. Decided to walk all the way to the back fence to get near some water. As I am am walking and looking at wallows I step down and sow thing quickly moves in the ground to my left into the taller grass all I catch a glimpse of is the back half of a tail with diamonds on it and rattles then as quickly as I could say OH **** I here it bzzzzzzz. Needless to say I got outa there quickly. To close for comfort as I think I got close enough to scare him as well as myself.
                          I'll leave the hunting alone till the fall.

Comment

Went out yesterday and sat in my stand.Got to stand snd one jumped up and ran.Got up in stand and not 5 minutes started hearing one grunting and walking in to my corn.He came out and gave me a shot and I missed right under him.He was prob around 25-30 lbs.That was the only one I seen

Comment

And found an arrow,a beman hunter pro,if anybody wants to claim it.It was stuck in tree.There was blood on it,so somebody at least got s piece of whatever they was shooting at

Comment

This rain should make stalking a dream.

Comment

Working...
                                X