"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drewboy22 View Post
    We will be there all weekend. We are going to camp at the Willis Creek Park. Arriving sometime Friday and leaving sometime Sunday. The plan is to start at gate 9 and work our way up the river.

Anyone got any other suggestions?
    There is a lot of success between Gate 6 and 7. It is not too far from Willis Creek. You can work all the trees south of WC too. I have worked that area with TX Navy Chief and we chased a couple out of those trees. A buddy and I walked that area, be sure you bring a nice set of hiking boots for the WC area, because you will be hiking. We walked about 4 miles that day around that area. Hit up Google Maps and you will see what I am talking about. You can use the equestrian trails all around that area.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzifux259 View Post
      There is a lot of success between Gate 6 and 7. It is not too far from Willis Creek. You can work all the trees south of WC too. I have worked that area with TX Navy Chief and we chased a couple out of those trees. A buddy and I walked that area, be sure you bring a nice set of hiking boots for the WC area, because you will be hiking. We walked about 4 miles that day around that area. Hit up Google Maps and you will see what I am talking about. You can use the equestrian trails all around that area.
      Nah, that a crappy area. Hunt WC.

Comment

Jim. PM sent.

Comment

Thanks, I may take a walk through WC.

Comment

Gonna hit it up out there tomorrow morning

Comment

Originally posted by Drewboy22 View Post
              Thanks, I may take a walk through WC.
              WC is definitely a great day around the lake. I enjoy walking that area. Wide open and easy to manuver in all the wooded areas.

Comment

rabbit

First time poster and hunter at Granger.

I am hoping to get out to the park this weekend to hunt some rabbits with my young son. I don't plan on bringing my beagles, but i do intend to bring a 12g.

My question to you experts, is are there many rabbits in the park, and if so where would the best place to find them?

Thanks
                Robert

Comment

Welcome to the green screen. I have seen them every time I have been at Granger. I wouldnt say there is a specific spot where they are centrally located. When we push hogs, they just manage to pop up here and there. Good luck huntin the waskly wabbit.

Comment

I've hunted the steppes area on several occasions. Was looking at trying a different area. Anyone know how the hunting is below the dam?

Comment

Steps is a bad idea this time of year with all the fishermen chasing white bass.

Comment

Yep, that's why I was thinking below the dam. Was wanting to see if anyone has hunted there and if they did well.

Comment

Just left Granger. No hogs today. A lot of pressure definitely made these hogs scarce. My buddy scored a rabbit with his bow today. So, we didnt leave empty handed. A GW snuck up on us as we were cleaning the rabbit. He is on the look out for hunters shootin hogs with shotguns.

Comment

Randy, great talking to you today. Thanks for passing my info along. The store behind the pig encounter was good too. Love it when pig hunting involves knives.

Comment

Just left Granger. No hogs today. A lot of pressure definitely made these hogs scarce. My buddy scored a rabbit with his bow today. So, we didnt leave empty handed. A GW snuck up on us as we were cleaning the rabbit. He is on the look out for hunters shootin hogs with shotguns.
                              That's good to hear about the GW!

Comment

I've been so busy with work the last few weeks that I've been missing out on all of the fun. You guys save me some.

Comment

Working...
                                X