No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck today brothers. Only a few more days before GRXH. Let's hope this nice weather doesn't prompt the Heli Hunt.

Comment

Today sucked sort of. I shot two hogs. First one at 25 yards but he stopped so I hit him in the front leg instead of the vitals. Jumped him again but eventually lost him. Had a whole pack of them coming at me. Dropped to my knees and shot but the arrow hit a branch and was deflected a bit. Hit it high in the shield and it ran off. Right as i start tracking blood i here a shotgun go off and a pig squealing. Three dudes had killed a small pig from my group. I gave them a piece of my mind and went back to hunting. Sure wish the game warden would walk the woods from time to time.
      Last edited by Removed; 02-16-2014, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Jim,
        had a blast hunting with you today. The three shotgunners showed up at gate 6 wanting to know how to get to the primitive luanch. Wow..pointed them in the right direction and off they went. I thought i was the only one who gets turned around in the woods. Will see you again soon.
        Greg

Comment

Greg I sent a PM with my number. Hope to see you at GRXH. I lost you guys again. Pushed that briar to the west and saw someone across the field that waved his hat so I thought yall jumped something and we're headed back to 7. Turned out to be a guy and his son.

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
            Today sucked sort of. I shot two hogs. First one at 25 yards but he stopped so I hit him in the front leg instead of the vitals. Jumped him again but eventually lost him. Had a whole pack of them coming at me. Dropped to my knees and shot but the arrow hit a branch and was deflected a bit. Hit it high in the shield and it ran off. Right as i start tracking blood i here a shotgun go off and a pig squealing. Three dudes had killed a small pig from my group. I gave them a piece of my mind and went back to hunting. Sure wish the game warden would walk the woods from time to time.
            What did they say?? Did they think it was legal?? Discription of the guys? License #??

Comment

They were misinformed. Had hunter orange and Public Land permits. That's the only reason I didn't call the game warden. If I see them again I won't be so courteous.
              Last edited by Removed; 02-16-2014, 07:01 PM.

Comment

If they shot and killed that pig with rabbit and squirrel shot thats one thing but if u have a bunch of a wholes walking around shooting with any kind of buck shot that is a problem and dangerous
                ..ignorance is no excuse and thats bs....

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                  If they shot and killed that pig with rabbit and squirrel shot thats one thing but if u have a bunch of a wholes walking around shooting with any kind of buck shot that is a problem and dangerous
                  ..ignorance is no excuse and thats bs....
                  It was squirrel/rabbit shot.

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
                    It was squirrel/rabbit shot.
                    I'm not sure which part was illegal. Maybe I am misinformed. It's my understanding that shotguns are allow using #4 shot or smaller. I don't recall any restrictions on pig hunting within the means described.

Comment

Originally posted by PigAddiction View Post
                      I'm not sure which part was illegal. Maybe I am misinformed. It's my understanding that shotguns are allow using #4 shot or smaller. I don't recall any restrictions on pig hunting within the means described.
                      I'm pretty sure it's archery only for hogs. At least that has always been my understanding.

Comment

Archery ONLY for hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
                          Archery ONLY for hogs.
                          I'm going to laminate/highlight that at put it on every gate!

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
                            Archery ONLY for hogs.
                            Right you are. Bird shot wouldn't be my first choice anyway.

Comment

That is the map i gave to them as they went treking for the primitive luanch. Said they got their tags from sporting good store and didnt have the book yet. Hopefully they are good now. I ussually go the oppisite direction of the gun shots.

Comment

Yeah it was pretty ballsy of me to run towards three armed men screaming "What the f@$# are you doing?" But they pretty much ruined any chance of finding my second wounded hog.

Comment

Working...
                                X