"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Inthefield View Post
    Next time I will take a trash bag and bone it out in the woods.
    Yup. I usually have a trash bag and a day pack on me for just that reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Neano View Post
      Yup. I usually have a trash bag and a day pack on me for just that reason.
      Same here. I take the hams, shoulders, straps and any other meaty areas and put them all in a trash bag in my MOLLE pack and pack it out. Much better than dragging.

Comment

Originally posted by Inthefield View Post
        Hog from last sunday
        Chief and I heard you dragging that hoss all the way back to the bridge. You must have been pooped! Great work, man!!

Comment

Hey guys, I scored two pigs yesterday. A 30# and a 40#. Give or take. I headed East from the horse barn, hitting all of my usual spots. I got a stalk on about 25 pigs , 400 yards in. I was 10 yards from a big sow and her babies but couldn't tell how big her little ones were so I proceeded to stalk towards a big black boar. I was about 15 yards away but had a bunch of briars between.
          I guess that he finally winded me and stood up so without hesitation, I turned to my left and popped a little one that I had a clear shot on. I heard " thump" and knew that I made the shot. Most of them ran to the right and about 5 of them went left only about 5 yards so I shot another. He bolted into the woods. Seconds after, I heard the pig squeal of death. Both we're complete pass throughts in the lungs.
          crod88 has a pic and said he'd post for me.

I put a slab of ribs in the pressure cooker last night for. 15 mins. The meat was falling off the bone. Great midnight snack.
          Last edited by PigAddiction; 02-15-2014, 09:20 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by PigAddiction View Post
            Hey guys, I scored two pigs yesterday. A 30# and a 40#. Give or take. I headed East from the horse barn, hitting all of my usual spots. I got a stalk on about 25 pigs , 400 yards in. I was 10 yards from a big sow and her babies but couldn't tell how big her little ones were so I proceeded to stalk towards a big black boar. I was about 15 yards away but had a bunch of briars between.
            I guess that he finally winded me and stood up so without hesitation, I turned to my left and popped a little one that I had a clear shot on. I heard " thump" and knew that I made the shot. Most of them ran to the right and about 5 of them went left only about 5 yards so I shot another. He bolted into the woods. Seconds after, I heard the pig squeal of death. Both we're complete pass throughts in the lungs.
            crod88 has a pic and said he'd post for me.

I put a slab of ribs in the pressure cooker last night for. 15 mins. The meat was falling off the bone. Great midnight snack.
            You sir, win at life.

Comment

Anyone want to join if I go bowfishing today?

Comment

Just got the wife hooked up with a Hoyt Ignite at Double G. Need to work on her form and draw weight, but hopefully will be ready to hunt hogs with me by fall. Thanks Paul.

Comment

Pig squeal of death! =

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
                    Just got the wife hooked up with a Hoyt Ignite at Double G. Need to work on her form and draw weight, but hopefully will be ready to hunt hogs with me by fall. Thanks Paul.
                    That's what I got my wife!!! she loves hers

Comment

I'm seriously considering picking up the new Hoyt faktor 30. Shot it while I was there and loved it.

Comment

What a gorgeous day today. Tomorrow should make for some good hog hunting!

Comment

Anybody loose a pig behind the dam? Found a sow east of power line and across the ditch. Looked lime a recent kill about 200# black

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
                            I'm seriously considering picking up the new Hoyt faktor 30. Shot it while I was there and loved it.
                            Hoyts are great bows. You won't be disappointed!

Comment

Geared up and ready. Time to spill some blood tomorrow morning hopefully!

Comment

Here are PIGADDICTIONS 2 hogs!!! Awesome double!!!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X