"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
    Was your truck an f150 i left around 530 had been out all day.
    That was me.

Comment

Three friends & I parked at 7 and walked all the way to the railroad tracks. Didn't see any hogs but saw several deer. When we came back Mr. Game Warden was there. He gave someone a ticket for not having a fishing license and my buddy got one for not taking the hunter education course.

Comment

Sorry it had to be your buddy, but it's about time. I have hunted for over a year and never saw a warden once, but tons of violators.

Comment

I'm about to go hit some hot spots. If anyone wants to join me, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Comment

Took the 20ft jon boat out today. Thing only drafts 4" and has an 80hp jet on it, but we still hit stumps. Panga cut is navible. Got on a ton (40 ish) of hogs but no easy shots. I was 0 for 3 and my buddy was 0 for 1. Note to self running at full draw is not a good idea...long story. Also met up with a guy named mark that I had met last year. He pointed out a hurt or sick hawk that I gave water to by hand. If anyone is able to capture them I will give you the gps coordinates.

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
              Took the 20ft jon boat out today. Thing only drafts 4" and has an 80hp jet on it, but we still hit stumps. Panga cut is navible. Got on a ton (40 ish) of hogs but no easy shots. I was 0 for 3 and my buddy was 0 for 1. Note to self running at full draw is not a good idea...long story. Also met up with a guy named mark that I had met last year. He pointed out a hurt or sick hawk that I gave water to by hand. If anyone is able to capture them I will give you the gps coordinates.
              Hey Jim, its Mark the guy you met out today. They guy I know that rehabs wildlife wanted the GPS coordinates if we have them. He was going to see about sending a park ranger or wildlife person to collect it.

I can't send a PM/email because my post count is too low.

Hopefully you can PM or email me back though.

Thanks.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Thanks much.

Comment

Started off yesterday south of the river, but some ding dong was starting WWIII against squirrels with a shotgun, so I decided to swap the bow for the pole and fish. Even though yesterday was a nice warm day, the recent cold weather had left the water temperature far too low, and the whites were not cooperating just yet. It was still a nice, relaxing break from the norm, to spend the day relaxing instead of walking my butt off!

Comment

Headed out this weekend not knowing Granger as well as most of ya'll any advice on areas that might yeld better than others. I have been working the dam area with no success. Any ideas?

Comment

Park at Info Station 7 and start heading towards Info 6. You will have a field day with all the trails and markings everywhere. It is better if you have at least two other people go with you... most of those hogs wear Nikes and run like Kenyans...

Comment

Any Friday morning crews headed out??

Comment

Gonna be out Friday after 1pm

Comment

Originally posted by MajDad View Post
                              Headed out this weekend not knowing Granger as well as most of ya'll any advice on areas that might yeld better than others. I have been working the dam area with no success. Any ideas?
                              Hunt anywhere there are pecans still on the ground

Comment

Did the 6 to 7 loop today. Jumped two groups of hogs. Jumped one of them three times as we kept trying to get closer. Just couldn't get in close enough for the shot. Had a lot of fun though. Somebody had some dogs running out there today. Heard them for most of the afternoon. Not sure if they were after hogs or rabbits, but they were loud as can be.

Comment

Working...
                                X