No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang I was hoping the beeman was mine I lost..

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
      If taking running shots at hogs is unethical then I'm guilty. Do I feel bad about it?? Nope! They are not deer, turkey's, squirrels, rabbits etc. Those animals I practice ethics to a fault, often times not taking shots I likely could make just to ensure unseen variables don't come into play.
      I haven't hunted with anyone out there who wouldn't take a running shot at a hog within their effective range.
      Everyone hunts different.
      If you don't take running shoots at hogs at Granger you don't shoot. Granger hogs all have Nikes On!!!!! I'm of the mind that I'll not throw an arrow unless I am fairly certain it will connect and bring the game down. At Granger "shoot 'em in the lips" is a motto to live by.
      Last edited by Wudstix; 02-03-2014, 09:56 PM.

Comment

I called the ranger station today and talked to Ben.
        A couple things.
        The heli shoot is planned for this month but a date is not set. It all depends on when the helicopter is near this area and also weather conditions.
        The office typically doesn't know more than a week in advance.
        The units are not closed during the heli shoot as it takes an executive order from the LT governor to close the area and the dates are never set as to when the area will be flown due to weather.
        Ben said the day if the shoot they will make there way to the parking areas and if people are already hunting the areas they call the heli let them know thier are hunters in the area and the heli finds the hunters and avoids that particular area.
        If hunters are in the area and hogs have been shot they can be picked up by hunters.
        The heli sightings this weekend had nothing to do with the hunt.
        The did shoot 186 hogs last year

Just a few of the highlights from the conversation.
        Thanks for the up-date Chris

Comment

I called the ranger station today and talked to Ben.
          A couple things.
          The heli shoot is planned for this month but a date is not set. It all depends on when the helicopter is near this area and also weather conditions.
          The office typically doesn't know more than a week in advance.
          The units are not closed during the heli shoot as it takes an executive order from the LT governor to close the area and the dates are never set as to when the area will be flown due to weather.
          Ben said the day if the shoot they will make there way to the parking areas and if people are already hunting the areas they call the heli let them know thier are hunters in the area and the heli finds the hunters and avoids that particular area.
          If hunters are in the area and hogs have been shot they can be picked up by hunters.
          The heli sightings this weekend had nothing to do with the hunt.
          The did shoot 186 hogs last year

Just a few of the highlights from the conversation.
          Thanks for the good recon, Chris.
          Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
          If you don't take running shoots at hogs at Granger you don't shoot. Granger hogs all have Nikes On!!!!! I'm of the mind that I'll not throw an arrow unless I am fairly certain it will connect and bring the game down. At Granger "shoot 'em in the lips" is a motto to live by.
          +1

Comment

Hopefully they decide to shoot GRXH weekend! They won't be shooting in any compartment! Hunters everywhere!

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
              Hopefully they decide to shoot GRXH weekend! They won't be shooting in any compartment! Hunters everywhere!
              We need to be ready to deploy at a moments notice and invade the WMA every time they try to do the helo hunt.

Comment

What happen to Wilcohunter, why does it say banned!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bofly View Post
                  What happen to Wilcohunter, why does it say banned!!
                  He obviously got into a little trouble with the TBH management. I was wondering the same thing.

Where did that huge pig come from?

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
                    He obviously got into a little trouble with the TBH management. I was wondering the same thing.

I wonder if he got banned for a number of days, or forever?

Comment

San Saba, He was 225-250lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Bofly View Post
                        San Saba, He was 225-250lbs
                        Freakin' Hogzilla.

Hey Man - let us know if you hear the heli's blasiting hogs this year.

Comment

Anybody going out tomorrow afternoon? If everything works out for me I might head out early afternoon-ish.

Suppose to be cloudy, high in the low 40's, light winds out of the E-SE.

Comment

I might be headed out Friday or Saturday morning.

Comment

I am hoping to go out Saturday morning.

Comment

Freakin' Hogzilla.

Hey Man - let us know if you hear the heli's blasiting hogs this year.
                                Yes sir

Comment

Working...
                                X