Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever hunt #6

Comment

As for running shots, I have passed up more shots than I can remember. I don't really say to myself "oh, it's running. Don't shoot". I evaluate each situation at the time. If I think that I can make the shot, I shoot. If not, I don't. I seem to always weight on the side of caution and pass up shots that I think back and kick myself for not taking. This goes for and species and method.

Comment

Originally posted by PigAddiction View Post
        I seem to always weight on the side of caution and pass up shots that I think back and kick myself for not taking.
        I do this entirely too much sometimes. I had a 40yd shot on a monster boar swimming across the river facing directly away from me, meaning the whole length of the pig's back was a hit zone essentially - as long as I didn't drift off to the right or left. In retrospect, I really wish I had taken that shot because I'm almost certain I would have nailed it.

Comment

Did anybody lose a beman ICS hunter 340 with a field point around "the spot"?

Comment

ISO 1 Easton Axis with rage chisel tip and nockternal. South side of the river East of the tracks. Also one Cabelas brand with grim reaper trocar tip and nocturnal for a friend near the middle of East 7.
            Last edited by Removed; 02-03-2014, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
              ISO 1 Easton Axis with rage chisel tip and nockternal. South side of the river East of the tracks. Also one Cabelas brand with grim reaper trocar tip and nocturnal for a friend near the middle of East 7.
              Its not one of Randizzles is it? LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzifux259 View Post
                Its not one of Randizzles is it? LOL!
                Yeah the one we never found. Figure if someone is heading in at first light they may see the nock glowing if it isn't buried under vegetation.

Comment

Ahhh, how long do those nock lights last for? At least one was found.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzifux259 View Post
                    Ahhh, how long do those nock lights last for? At least one was found.
                    I don't really know. It's an led so probably for a while.

Comment

What number was the one with the rage found?

Comment

I called the ranger station today and talked to Ben.
                        A couple things.
                        The heli shoot is planned for this month but a date is not set. It all depends on when the helicopter is near this area and also weather conditions.
                        The office typically doesn't know more than a week in advance.
                        The units are not closed during the heli shoot as it takes an executive order from the LT governor to close the area and the dates are never set as to when the area will be flown due to weather.
                        Ben said the day if the shoot they will make there way to the parking areas and if people are already hunting the areas they call the heli let them know thier are hunters in the area and the heli finds the hunters and avoids that particular area.
                        If hunters are in the area and hogs have been shot they can be picked up by hunters.
                        The heli sightings this weekend had nothing to do with the hunt.
                        The did shoot 186 hogs last year

Just a few of the highlights from the conversation.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by joey View Post
                            What number was the one with the rage found?
                            I didn't find the Axis with the rage, I lost it in a pig last summer/fall. Looks like the following.
                            Last edited by Removed; 02-03-2014, 09:15 PM.

Comment

I didn't find the Axis with the rage, I lost it in a pig last summer/fall. Looks like the following.
                              Last edited by Removed; 02-03-2014, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Did anybody lose a beman ICS hunter 340 with a field point around "the spot"?
                                Found arrow...

Comment

Working...
                                X