Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Empyrean View Post
    Hey Crod, I think I saw one of you hog hunts on youtube. Is that you or a different Mr. Rodgers?
    Thats mine LOL I have 2 of them

Comment

On another post people were talking about "log" style feeders, aka pipe/push feeders.
      Are these legal at Granger, and do yall think they would be worth the time? I can get the materials for one or two free, so I wouldn't be too concerned if they were torn up or stolen.

Well done Crod. Was fun to watch, and grats on the hog.

Comment

On another post people were talking about "log" style feeders, aka pipe/push feeders.
        Are these legal at Granger, and do yall think they would be worth the time? I can get the materials for one or two free, so I wouldn't be too concerned if they were torn up or stolen.

Well done Crod. Was fun to watch, and grats on the hog.
        These types of feeders are all over Granger, I personally think they are a waist of time and work, in my opinion, spot and stalk is the only real good way to hunt hogs out there.

That hog on the video was taken below the dam on the south side, the second video was about a week later on the north side. The second pig had a litter of about 20 with her.

Comment

Crod, what do I type in to watch your videos?

Comment

Link didn't work.

Comment

Just type Chris Rodger's hog hunting.

Comment

What vehicle do you drive Crod? Just wondering if I have seen it out there recently without knowing. I drive a 2007 black F-150 Fx4 four door. And there must have been some crazy mosquito hatch in the past week cuz my truck gets plastered in 'em driving back over the ****. (They stink like dead fish!)
                I think I am going back out tonight to try the South side of the river near the dam, I have tried the North side several times and haven't seen anything but sign and deer. Oh and a water moccassin which ended up being my first bow kill.

Comment

I drive an old red ford taurus with 3 Texas bowhunter stickers and a mathews sticker!!! Let us know how you do on belwo the dam, im gonna head out tomarrow night. Did you see the snake near water or while walkin? I hate them things...

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                    I drive an old red ford taurus with 3 Texas bowhunter stickers and a mathews sticker!!! Let us know how you do on belwo the dam, im gonna head out tomarrow night. Did you see the snake near water or while walkin? I hate them things...
                    Saw his car last spring. Dunno where he was and I had to go home before I had chance to meet Crod. One day, our paths will cross.

Comment

Originally posted by bluenavigator View Post
                      Saw his car last spring. Dunno where he was and I had to go home before I had chance to meet Crod. One day, our paths will cross.
                      LOL one day...one day...

Comment

What vehicle do you drive Crod? Just wondering if I have seen it out there recently without knowing. I drive a 2007 black F-150 Fx4 four door. And there must have been some crazy mosquito hatch in the past week cuz my truck gets plastered in 'em driving back over the ****. (They stink like dead fish!)
                        I think I am going back out tonight to try the South side of the river near the dam, I have tried the North side several times and haven't seen anything but sign and deer. Oh and a water moccassin which ended up being my first bow kill.

I made one pass across the dam the other day and I could not even see out of my window. And ya they do stink really bad.

Comment

dang nice hunting video Chris. Is that out near primative or on the east side of the lake?

Comment

Thanks, both of the videos are from below the dam

Comment

is the lake full now ofter all the rain? usaully take the boat and go to sorefinger

Comment

Its up about 3' but far from being full

Comment

Working...
                                X