"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
    Hey man, I can PM you before I head out next time and we can go hit some spots and see if we can't find some piggies.
    Sounds good brother. Im off thursdays and sundays I can go after church, around 2pm

Comment

Wish I lived closer. 135 miles makes it tough to get up frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
        Wish I lived closer. 135 miles makes it tough to get up frequently.
        Ouch. ...

Comment

Originally posted by jackster1978 View Post
          crod888 what times you planning on heading out? I dont have anything going on. Can meet up just let me know what time and place.
          I'll be leaving work around 2 and be in granger around 3. Wind is bad for below the dam so I'll be running around behind the PC

Comment

crod888, i was getting my gear situated and prepped so i could go link up with you and the First Sergeant just reminded me that we have a dinner that we are supposed to attend this evening. So i wont make it today. Definitely would rather be falling around and getting snagged by thorns at Granger than the dinner, but i guess i did tell her last week that we would go.

Comment

Chris fill us in later.

Comment

Thanks for the info fellas. I will be back out there tomorrow morning putting in the footwork and finding my way around. I will let ya know how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                  Chris fill us in later.
                  Knowing Chris, he's probably busy dragging a 350# boar to 7 right now.

Comment

Originally posted by NightStalker View Post
                    Hogzilla: I know the place that guy was talking about. It has held hogs in the past.
                    Look at the pecan grove map on page 1. Just east of checkpoint 9 there is a gully that comes in from the NW. Where that gully meets the main spillway channel, on the north bank, is a pretty little grassy area under the trees. Tons of hog sign, heck you could smell the feces on a still day. Heavy game trail comes in from the west, on top of a beaver dam. The area used to be very productive, but as others on the thread have said, two years of drought, or something, seems to have reduced the pecan grove population. Back when the draw hunts were going on, COE kept a jeep trail mowed most of the way there, so it was an easy hike. Much harder to get to now.
                    I've been exactly where you are talking about. I saw tracks and even a spot where they were rooting, but that's about it. Gonna keep on till I find em. Thanks .

Comment

going in the morning... any advice??? I went to #7 Sunday, should I do that again or try somewhere else?

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
                        Brother, lemme tell ya - there are plenty of hogs at Granger for everybody! There's no reason for folks to be intentionally secretive when there's sounders of 20-50 running around.

I usually don't spit out the GPS coordinates of where I make a kill, but I have no problem relating the general area I was.

Good luck!
                        Thanks brother, I've got no better prospects at this time so I will be there like furniture in your house. Im gonna find em.

Comment

Originally posted by Z7buckmaster View Post
                          going in the morning... any advice??? I went to #7 Sunday, should I do that again or try somewhere else?
                          go walk the south end of willis creek, heading east following the creek.....park by the bridge jump over gate....theres hogs in there.. i might go with i just have to drop off the kids at 8am school. i live in hutto...

Comment

oops would be the west end....

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                              go walk the south end of willis creek, heading east following the creek.....park by the bridge jump over gate....theres hogs in there.. i might go with i just have to drop off the kids at 8am school. i live in hutto...
                              I'm going to be there at 7am, I have to leave at 9:30-10:00, school's maybe canceled tomorrow,

Comment

ive been chasing the hogs out there for the past 2 weeks, i took one running shot, no luck, but there is a group of thirty or so that i have been able to find daily, there pretty dang smart.....my 16 foot lowe flatbottom and johnson need blood, been too windy to put in at taylor park lately.....i am tired of walking 3 to 4 miles per day, boat = walk less...floating hog transport.....

Comment

Working...
                                X