No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneaky, are you just goin on Sat? Or are you doin Sunday too?

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
      I will be meeting Falmike at Duchess off 95, and I believe we will be starting off at 95 bridge, then hitting a series of hot spots from there. If you wanna join up with us PM me and I'll give you my number
      Well good luck brother were gonna be in the other side of the lake tomorrow
      Last edited by paintman; 01-25-2014, 01:43 AM.

Comment

i might hit you up for a wild hog bratwurst recipe!
        You bet. Honestly, Acadamy has sausage grinders and seasoning. I invested last year. I have tried a lot of sausage that my buddies have paid to have made. The best part of making it yourself is the quality control. So many time, theirs have had pig hair, human hair, bone pcs. etc. Yuck.

If any of you guys score a big hog, save you $ on processing. Bring it to my house. I'll raise it up with the tractor bucket and have it skinned cut up and wrapped in about an hour.
        I'm 25 mins. from gate 7. Aka horse barn.

Comment

My buddy and I will be out tomorrow morning. Haven't decided on a location yet. Need to try some roads less traveled.

Comment

Sneaky do you drive a blue tundra with a tbh sticker

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
              Sneaky do you drive a blue tundra with a tbh sticker
              Busted! That's me.

Comment

Liebes-Jagd and I will be out at Info 7 to start around 8-830, pending on traffic... If you want JKski, we can do a couple pushes there and work from there... If you want to join up, hit me up with a PM and I will give you my number.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzifux259 View Post
                  Liebes-Jagd and I will be out at Info 7 to start around 8-830, pending on traffic... If you want JKski, we can do a couple pushes there and work from there... If you want to join up, hit me up with a PM and I will give you my number.
                  5129837854 will be at primitive launch at 6:30-7:00

Comment

Busted! That's me.
                    Ya saw your truck when we was headed home.busted a big group at the spillway

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
                      Ya saw your truck when we was headed home.busted a big group at the spillway
                      Then where are the LDP's?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
                        5129837854 will be at primitive launch at 6:30-7:00
                        Sounds good. I will hit you up on you cell. We work with radios too. Channel 10 if you have any, if not i will bring my extras.

Comment

Didn't see **** today. No hogs at Granger.

Comment

JK that is awesome. we walked the east side of gate 6 and around to the west by the water. Only hogs were a few running east when we got out of jeep at parking lot. Hope everyone is having success.

Comment

The state has been watching this thread. They canceled the helicoper hunt this year because they said jkuroski is taking care of the population control

Comment

What an awesome day. Randizzle and I parked at the top of 7 and headed straight east. Jumped a group of piglets this size at the first briar we came to. Didn't know which way they went but had a hunch. Decided to work North. Went to a spot I have had luck at in the past and sure enough jumped four there. Unfortunately my buddy was not positioned quite right which resulted in a miss. He was able to take a rabbit from the same thicket though. We head in the direction they went and heard someone yell hog. We stopped and waited and had a shot on a yote that must have got jumped too, but missed. The two guys ended up being kruzifux259 and his buddy that we were supposed to meet up with. We decided to head to the trucks and try a different spot. On the way out we jump two pigs in a briar, but nobody had a clear shot. We decided to do one more push to where I thought the piglets went and sure enough a few minutes later I hear "hogs" yelled again. Randy and I could see them running on a ridge along the river to the west with the other two guys in hot pursuit. We took off sprinting to try to cut them off and thankfully they hooked north and were coming straight for me. I intercepted them right at the lead, but by the time I stopped and drew back the three large lead pigs had already past. I was watching all the small ones run by at mach4 10 yards infront of me. I settled my aim and fired as soon as I saw black hit my pin. Struck it above and slightly infront of the hind legs. Sucker squealed and kept running with my arrow in him. Being completely winded, I yelled to my buddy to run it down. He dropped his bow and took off after it. Thankfully it finally decided to stop running and fell over, he was finished off with a Colombian neck tie. So thanks to you guys for jumping them for one and secondly to my buddy for not getting outran by a two legged hog. LOL. :thumbup:
                                Last edited by Removed; 01-26-2014, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X