No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, I did not touch base with you DM. I was tired and trying to figure out those big boars. Don't know what I would have done if I put one of those beasts on the ground, by myself with a five mile plus hike to the truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
      I hauled out the bag of cans from PC, but the plastic can would have been a bit much. Made six trips in and out last Friday and Saturday, good exercise for these old knees. Have some idea about where I'll be Thursday evening and Friday morning before GRXH. Nice marshy place that I think is holding hogs, a least it was Saturday night.
      Thanks for doing what you do out there man!! Alot of people just walk right past it ignoring it. Only one way to solve the problem

Next time your out and wanna try and get a big load of that crap out of there pm me ajd I can bring the boat out. Makes it a little easier!

Sounds like a mighty nice little spot you found

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
        I hauled out the bag of cans from PC, but the plastic can would have been a bit much. Made six trips in and out last Friday and Saturday, good exercise for these old knees. Have some idea about where I'll be Thursday evening and Friday morning before GRXH. Nice marshy place that I think is holding hogs, a least it was Saturday night.

With nearly 50 people that maybe the only way to have a spot to ur self is sit their from Thursday to Sunday lol

I know I'll be hanging a tree stand in a tree next to the private fence looking down over the crescent pond. Be watching the hogs run by all day.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
          Anytime, let us know im sure that anyone would let you hook up with them.
          Hey I was out there yesterday by the primitive boat ramp and a guy told me that the best place was on the other side of the dam about a 1/2 mile down. Have you ever tried over there?

Comment

Guys I'm new to the area and just looking for some advice on where the good spots are out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
              Anyone chasing hogs in the snow Friday?
              I'll be there for sure. I have a few select spots where I keep seeming them bedded down. I'm pretty sure that I've been chasing the same group around the woods for a couple weeks now. I've been to long with out pig in the freezer and tomorrow will be prime hunting weather. Hoping to close the distance.

Comment

Guys and Gals, Navy Chief here, myself and Sneaky found a dead bobcat over by the horse barn probably a month old if anyone shot one on here and couldn't find it, it was a pretty big male tomcat and his scull would be a nice trophy, myself and Sneaky left it alone. We went out yesterday near the primative launch and did a couple of slow pushes on briar patches only saw a coyote that Sneaky shot at. No Hogs, but we have been seeing them regularly. Its hard to hit a running hog or shoot through briars.....lol i will take this type of hunting over sitting in my stand anyday.....if anyone doesn't claim the bobcat i can direct someone to the carcass, hes got nice cutters.

Comment

tree stand

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                  With nearly 50 people that maybe the only way to have a spot to ur self is sit their from Thursday to Sunday lol

I know I'll be hanging a tree stand in a tree next to the private fence looking down over the crescent pond. Be watching the hogs run by all day.
                  Chris i am going to put a lock on in the tree closest to the spring on the backside of the dry tank, it's the same tree i shot the sow out of in my avatar, i shot three pigs there in 07, if u want we could rotate and swap during the extreme hunt if one of us is seeing more pigs...hopefully your not talking about my hackberry tree lol......

Comment

i
                    Last edited by NAVY CHIEF; 01-23-2014, 12:02 PM. Reason: double post

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                      Guys and Gals, Navy Chief here, myself and Sneaky found a dead bobcat over by the horse barn probably a month old if anyone shot one on here and couldn't find it, it was a pretty big male tomcat and his scull would be a nice trophy, myself and Sneaky left it alone. We went out yesterday near the primative launch and did a couple of slow pushes on briar patches only saw a coyote that Sneaky shot at. No Hogs, but we have been seeing them regularly. Its hard to hit a running hog or shoot through briars.....lol i will take this type of hunting over sitting in my stand anyday.....if anyone doesn't claim the bobcat i can direct someone to the carcass, hes got nice cutters.
                      I found one about a month ago out of 6. Looked like it had been shot with a shotgun.

Comment

Originally posted by hogzillahunter View Post
                        Guys I'm new to the area and just looking for some advice on where the good spots are out there.
                        Check out previous postings. I deer hunted there and seldom saw pigs in compartment B nor did I see very many signs. The only place I saw decent signs was the back side of compartment C but not nearly as good as the other side of the lake.

Comment

might be the same one, was it by that big briar patch close to the private land ?

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                            might be the same one, was it by that big briar patch close to the private land ?
                            Bout 30 yards from it in the field. Good size cat

Comment

Originally posted by wilcohunter View Post
                              Bout 30 yards from it in the field. Good size cat
                              That's the one.

I would have take the skull to clean up but I didn't want to waste my big trash bag I use for packing out hogs in my MOLLE pack, and it's still to smelly to carry.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
                                That's the one.

I would have take the skull to clean up but I didn't want to waste my big trash bag I use for packing out hogs in my MOLLE pack, and it's still to smelly to carry.
                                Yea bet its pretty rank by now!!

Comment

Working...
                                X