• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

****, that's a big pig! Congrats again.

Comment

Pork chops on the forest floor. Good deal

Comment

Dang CARNAGE, you're a pork haul'n son of a gun! I was wondering if you found any babies in her?

Comment

Originally posted by RickyS View Post
          Dang CARNAGE, you're a pork haul'n son of a gun! I was wondering if you found any babies in her?
          No babies but lactating.

Comment

Originally posted by CARNAGE68 View Post
            No babies but lactating.
            My kinda gal!

Someone had to take it there.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
              I haven't walked into the PC on Commanche Trail this year. Is it groomed/grass cut down. I want to take my 3 year old for a nature walk.
              Jut walked in and out a couple times from Taylor Park this last Friday morning and Saturday both ways. Trail is in good shape, in tall grass. From now on I'll park at the gate on 496 and cut my hike to about 30 minutes.

Comment

Hiked in Friday morning set up my hammock. Cleaned up part of the mess at PC. Hauled a Santa Claus sized bag out to Water treatment gate for later pick up. Hiked back in and hunted the soft stuff East of the gravel pit. Pushed a big (@250-300#) pig into the knee deep water between the mainland and the small islands, about 40 yards out on the other side of the trees. Looked like a retriever going after a duck. Saturday night hunted the fenceline by the pond and then walked back along the fenceline to the East. Walked into a sounder of pigs in the dark, fun pigs growling and teeth popping and me with a longbow and BK5 knife. Turned on a light and they went under the fence. Come on GRXH.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                  Hiked in Friday morning set up my hammock. Cleaned up part of the mess at PC. Hauled a Santa Claus sized bag out to Water treatment gate for later pick up. Hiked back in and hunted the soft stuff East of the gravel pit. Pushed a big (@250-300#) pig into the knee deep water between the mainland and the small islands, about 40 yards out on the other side of the trees. Looked like a retriever going after a duck. Saturday night hunted the fenceline by the pond and then walked back along the fenceline to the East. Walked into a sounder of pigs in the dark, fun pigs growling and teeth popping and me with a longbow and BK5 knife. Turned on a light and they went under the fence. Come on GRXH.
                  Yea pretty bad over there this year. I have been hauling out some corn sacks full every time I take the boat by. Dont know who it is but clean up yo ****!!

Lost me an arrow the other day on the fence line

Comment

Anyone chasing hogs in the snow Friday?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                      I'm planning on it - I love hunting in a cold wind at Granger! Those oinkers bed down and get easier to find.

Comment

Originally posted by wilcohunter View Post
                        Yea pretty bad over there this year. I have been hauling out some corn sacks full every time I take the boat by. Dont know who it is but clean up yo ****!!
                        Might not be a bad idea if someone removed that big plastic garbage can from the pc. It seems some campers have the notion there's road side garbage pick-up out there. I noticed the cans at the primitive launch are gone. That seemed to fix the trash problem there. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                          No, me and TxTyler aren't taking off work Friday to come play with you.
                          Besides, you need to stay home and rake your leaves. Your own son is drowning in them.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by RickyS; 01-22-2014, 04:14 PM.

Comment

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

That's just mulch to keep the weeds down. And he growing like a weed so trying to see if it works on him too
                            Last edited by Dirtymike; 01-22-2014, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RickyS View Post
                              Might not be a bad idea if someone removed that big plastic garbage can from the pc. It seems some campers have the notion there's road side garbage pick-up out there. I noticed the cans at the primitive launch are gone. That seemed to fix the trash problem there. Just my opinion.
                              Prob a good idea...

Comment

Originally posted by wilcohunter View Post
                                Prob a good idea...
                                I hauled out the bag of cans from PC, but the plastic can would have been a bit much. Made six trips in and out last Friday and Saturday, good exercise for these old knees. Have some idea about where I'll be Thursday evening and Friday morning before GRXH. Nice marshy place that I think is holding hogs, a least it was Saturday night.

Comment

Working...
                                X