No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The law reguires a hat and vest, the ranger will let you slide on a vest. Make sure you have orange, i've seen the ranger ticket people at the parkimg area below the dam.

Sore finger seems to be the place to get good doves, the doves seem to like to fly just outside of the finger across the lake.

Comment

There is a ranger? I thought I reg GW would be checking in on the folks. I felt really weird out there with a gun. I kept looking over my shoulder. Never hunted public lands before. Guess I need to get a orange vest. It has to be on all the time. But not fishermen? I guess that is why they only allow archery and shot guns.

Comment

Yup, I've actually only seen the Ranger and the Sheriffs department out there. I have seen the TPWD on the lake checking boats but not hunters.

Comment

Leaven for Granger to hunt for the big ugly's, Ill send a recap of the hunt when I get in tonight.

Comment

I was able to bust one last night. Dropped him out in a corn feild on the West side of the lake. Too muddy to get out to him. I finally got to try out my new AR

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
              Leaven for Granger to hunt for the big ugly's, Ill send a recap of the hunt when I get in tonight.
              Which compartment are you gonna try?

Comment

Originally posted by gbeard View Post
                I was able to bust one last night. Dropped him out in a corn feild on the West side of the lake. Too muddy to get out to him. I finally got to try out my new AR
                New AR? Is that rifle? I have friend who own an AR. Rifles are not allowed on Granger WMA. The only weapon to be used for hunting hogs is bow.

Comment

Originally posted by bluenavigator View Post
                  New AR? Is that rifle? I have friend who own an AR. Rifles are not allowed on Granger WMA. The only weapon to be used for hunting hogs is bow.
                  You are correct. An AR is a rifle and no they ARE NOT ALLOWED on the WMA. It is also illegal to hunt on the WMA at night.
                  Last edited by gbeard; 09-16-2009, 03:18 PM.

Comment

I went out off of 7 tonight. Lots of new sign but no hogs, prolly gonna try early in the mourning cause they are out there and there is alot of them with all the new sign and the rain only happening two days ago.

Comment

I went out last night again. Cam across three youngsters but they busted me before I could take up a good shooting position. I sent three or four rounds down range, but missed. I scared the crap out of them though.

Comment

I didnt make it out this mourning but I may try and get out tonight below the dam and check the pecans.

Comment

I went out off of 7 tonight. Lots of new sign but no hogs, prolly gonna try early in the mourning cause they are out there and there is alot of them with all the new sign and the rain only happening two days ago.
                          which one is #7

Comment

Its the one with access to the san gabriel river off of County Road 347. I walked off of the first parking area and headed east.

Comment

Its the one with access to the san gabriel river off of County Road 347. I walked off of the first parking area and headed east.
                              thats what I thought. They are all moving out there around 11:00PM to 11:30PM. Two nights in a row I've busted them out there.

Comment

You are going to probably have to bust them while they are bedded during the day. I guess anyway. I dont know a whole heck of a lot about stalking the things.

Comment

Working...
                                X