No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't shoot it but I did put about a 20 minute stock on it till I realized it was dead

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
      Good luck guys. Thier is one running around out there with a maxima in it. Also, on the very south end of the property Thier is a HUGE hog laying in the brush. Don't be fooled its dead. It will eat your broadhead.
      Hey, the upside is that the beast is like a big stinky pinata, filled with broadheads for the lucky hunter that eventually fishes them out!

Originally posted by paintman View Post
      I didn't shoot it but I did put about a 20 minute stock on it till I realized it was dead
      Did you spook it?

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
        Did you shot that sucker too? Lol
        Yup. At that point in the hunt I wasn't taking any chances lol. That hog is massive!

Comment

Yup. At that point in the hunt I wasn't taking any chances lol. That hog is massive!
          No doubt.

Comment

Anyone been seeing any hogs lately?

Comment

Went out today in this perfect hog hunting weather with my buddy, and hit some of the sweet spots. We got on a nice group of hogs, but I was focused on trying to get my buddy a shot so he could get his first kill. No hogs taken today, but it's always good to get right up on 'em!

Comment

Thats awesome! Where exacly are the legal spots to hunt.

Comment

Def a big *** corpse

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
                    Def a big *** corpse
                    Did it have a wound near the back of the neck and near the top of the hams? I saw a large dead one today with those two wounds.

Comment

Where can I go to get the best chance at hogs. I am new to public land hunting it seems much better than sitting at a feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by joey View Post
                        Anyone been seeing any hogs lately?
                        I went out Tuesday behind the water treatment plant and parked right by the auto shop on top because my friend had his window broken out parking down at the bathroom. Anyway long story short me and a non hunter friend walked up high towards the primative camp. I wanted to see the condition of the high road for a mountain bike. So we walked high staying on the road and walked about a mile until we got to the tank that is almost dry now. And walked across the dam hoping to see something black in the blood weeds. But only saw about 30 deer. We made a loop around the primative camp and did not see hogs until I came up with an idea that there may be hogs bedded in that thick nasty couple acre briar patch right next to the road and I was correct. Had 2 giants bust out of there after I sent my unarmed unbowed friend around the edge of that briar patch and I ran around to the other side when my buddy started swearing and saying hogs big hogs coming my way. What a rush. I couldn't get to them in time for a shot and instead of them running away from my friend and his downwind scent they ran. Trotted five yards past him onto the posted no hunting mesquite property. They were over 200 pounds each and one black and one blond. No shot but also there tearing that road up. Hog sign everywhere. I am going to bike back in there from now on my 41 year old knees were hurting after that three mile hike. Lol.

Comment

Joey: look at the corps map at:

You can bowhunt in any of the yellow areas. You can't hunt in the green areas.
                          Last edited by NightStalker; 01-09-2014, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Thats awesome im new to public land and just trying to learn where to go and all. Thank you for the information. If anyone ever wants to head out to the woods im always up to go.

Comment

It should be good hunting Saturday morning after the rain. What areas are you guy going to be at. I'll be there "somewhere" before sunrise.

I'm new to the forum but not to Granger. I hunted jack rabbits there in the cotton fields before there was a lake.

Maybe I'll catch up with some of you guys down the road.

Comment

Any small porkers or mostly big uns

Comment

Working...
                                X