"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Be there early in the morning. Anybody need anything from town? I'm at Academy now.

Comment

Me And paintman Will Not Be Camping But We Will Be Out In The a.m

Comment

Have fun guys.might see you in that am...wish I could have shared that fire tonight...good luck

Comment

About to start packing up to come out for the night. Anybody need anything? Was any dinner plan established ?

Comment

Are y'all camping tonight? Any way I can get a lift?

Comment

Wish I was there sharing the fire and eating some of that porker gage shot.I took the one grinder shot and I'm having sausage made.good day at granger boys

Comment

How many did yall knock down today? Got a 100# sow this evening while deer hunting. She had been shot before in her front left leg.

Comment

2 as far as I know

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
                      2 as far as I know
                      Good deal! They are about to get nice and chilly out there. From just hit here...hopefully get some deer moving

Comment

As always had a great time. Great people and great food! On my way home now. That wind kicked our backside on the main lake. Slow cold wet ride back. FDbowhunter , Crod and I shot three more pigs this morning! We recovered 2 outta 3. We couldn't find Crodds pig.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
                          As always had a great time. Great people and great food! On my way home now. That wind kicked our backside on the main lake. Slow cold wet ride back. FDbowhunter , Crod and I shot three more pigs this morning! We recovered 2 outta 3. We couldn't find Crodds pig.
                          Nice work, gents! KAP!

Comment

That's the prettiest picture from the bow of a boat if seen yet TXfirefighter! Nice job this morning!

Gage is officially in the ranks now.
                            First bow hunt...
                            First shot at an animal...
                            At Granger...
                            First BOW KILL!

Did I mention he's 11 years old?

He put it on her at the spot; the small sounder made their way from private property onto Corp land and trotted in front of us right through a perfect shooting lane. Gage was drawn and ready when they hit the lane he let the arrow fly! He hit high in the kill zone but his new Hoyt managed to punch both lungs even though he didn't have a complete pass through; the Zwickey two blade did the job in fine fashion.

We found both pieces of Gage's arrow showing good blood; Paintman found us right after the shot and found a good blood trail. We blood trailed her to where she had laid down to die but we pushed her up; both Grinderboy and I put additional arrows into her and I finally finished her off with the knife.

If we hadn't pushed her up she would have died in a few minutes where she had laid down. We just didn't want her to make it to private property after we pushed her.

I am very proud of my son; his listening, learning and practice have paid off this weekend.

Here's the LDP...

Comment

Congrats guys! Sounds like s fun weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                                That's the prettiest picture from the bow of a boat if seen yet TXfirefighter! Nice job this morning!

Gage is officially in the ranks now.
                                First bow hunt...
                                First shot at an animal...
                                At Granger...
                                First BOW KILL!

Did I mention he's 11 years old?

He put it on her at the spot; the small sounder made their way from private property onto Corp land and trotted in front of us right through a perfect shooting lane. Gage was drawn and ready when they hit the lane he let the arrow fly! He hit high in the kill zone but his new Hoyt managed to punch both lungs even though he didn't have a complete pass through; the Zwickey two blade did the job in fine fashion.

We found both pieces of Gage's arrow showing good blood; Paintman found us right after the shot and found a good blood trail. We blood trailed her to where she had laid down to die but we pushed her up; both Grinderboy and I put additional arrows into her and I finally finished her off with the knife.

If we hadn't pushed her up she would have died in a few minutes where she had laid down. We just didn't want her to make it to private property after we pushed her.

I am very proud of my son; his listening, learning and practice have paid off this weekend.

Here's the LDP...

Awesome but you failed to mention the running tackle at the end

Comment

Working...
                                X