No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a wood arrow finder. Hope to have a fresh batch of tapered maple ready for GRXH.

Comment

Bringing about 8 links of jalapeño cheese sausage this weekend. Who's bringing the tortillas? between Ricky and I we are also bringing 5 lbs pan sausage. This is community food for everyone. Friday night we are grilling steaks. Bring your own steak.

Comment

Gage and I will bring the tortillas, mustard, extra cheese for the link sausage.
        Breakfast tacos on Saturday morning? We can bring the potatoes, onions and jalapenos; just need someone to bring the eggs. I will pre-cook the potatoes to speed things up on Saturday morning.

Anyone bringing a dutch oven? I don't have one but I do have a huge cast iron skillet if no one has a dutch oven.

Dang, those sausage links look good!

Comment

I have a range of Dutch ovens from 10 to 14 inch. Was planning on bringing my 20 inch skillet instead.

Also bringing enough stuff for 24 jalapeño poppers. And yes on breakfast tacos!!

Comment

I will bring 5-6 packages of ground breakfast sausage.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
              I have a range of Dutch ovens from 10 to 14 inch. Was planning on bringing my 20 inch skillet instead.

Also bringing enough stuff for 24 jalapeño poppers. And yes on breakfast tacos!!
              SWEET! I'll throw some bacon in as well; still need eggs though...

Comment

I'll bring eggs, what else is needed?

Comment

Anything needed for Saturday night? Plan now or post it Saturday morning and I will grab it on my way out.

Comment

Originally posted by Neano View Post
                    Anything needed for Saturday night? Plan now or post it Saturday morning and I will grab it on my way out.
                    Same here. Let me know.

Comment

Let's see...
                      We are bringing meat for Friday night...
                      We have the breakfast stuff for Saturday morning...
                      Sausages for Saturday lunch...
                      Hmmm...
                      Nothing for Saturday night yet...

Options anyone? Potluck, Rock Stew, bring your own meal...?

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                        Let's see...
                        We are bringing meat for Friday night...
                        We have the breakfast stuff for Saturday morning...
                        Sausages for Saturday lunch...
                        Hmmm...
                        Nothing for Saturday night yet...

Options anyone? Potluck, Rock Stew, bring your own meal...?
                        Fresh Wild hog maybe an option....

Comment

Well I was thinking breakfast would be a lunch breakfast. Was not planning to be cooking at dawn. maybe some hotdogs a little later. And sausage would be dinner. What time were y'all thinking for breakfast?

Comment

Since deer season is ending... I'm startin my hog season... which really never ends. LOL!

I have never been to Granger, I don't want to step on anyone's toes and try to steal their spot. But, I am just merely looking for suggestions for an area to get a hog or two, or three. My father is coming in from VA and wants to get a hog with his Xmas present, Mathews Mission 320. So, I want to make his first hog hunt a good one.

Thanks in advanced.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                              Well I was thinking breakfast would be a lunch breakfast. Was not planning to be cooking at dawn. maybe some hotdogs a little later. And sausage would be dinner. What time were y'all thinking for breakfast?
                              I'm with you Dirtymike, I don't do anything at dawn... Sounds like a good plan though; wake up mid-morninig, make breakfast/lunch, snack, eat sausages for dinner, drink a few Shiners!

Outside of this, bring your own!

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzifux259 View Post
                                Since deer season is ending... I'm startin my hog season... which really never ends. LOL!

I have never been to Granger, I don't want to step on anyone's toes and try to steal their spot. But, I am just merely looking for suggestions for an area to get a hog or two, or three. My father is coming in from VA and wants to get a hog with his Xmas present, Mathews Mission 320. So, I want to make his first hog hunt a good one.

Thanks in advanced.
                                If you want to make his first hog hunt a good one, don't take him to Granger! It is a brush popping, blister inducing, arrow loosing, release eating, knife loosing, exhausting, wing shooting, frustrating hunt! That's why we love it so much; every hog killed at Granger is like hitting the Lotto!

Wanna find a good spot? Come on out on a hunt with us. You gotta go to know!

Comment

Working...
                                X