No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y'all still gonna be out Saturday night? I will probably head out in the early afternoon and hike in to the primitive camp again. Stay the night, do some hunting Sunday morning and hike back.

Comment

Originally posted by Neano View Post
      Y'all still gonna be out Saturday night? I will probably head out in the early afternoon and hike in to the primitive camp again. Stay the night, do some hunting Sunday morning and hike back.
      Yes sir, me and my plus 1 are getting dropped off Thursday night. Going to use the trolling motor to navigate the mine field. If want to skip the hike we can get u at the primitive boat ramp just let me know I will send you my number.

Comment

Went out for a 4 mile last hurrah today. Jumped a large lone pig, a group of four pigs, a lone shooter buck and a large group of does. No shot opportunities other than yet another dead hog. This sow was huge! So I finished out 2013 with 5 hogs (3 Granger, 1 Somerville, 1 Eachus), 3 lost, and about 7 misses. Not bad for my first year bow hunting. High hopes for 2014.
        Last edited by Removed; 12-31-2013, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Their will be new dead pigs this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
            Went out for a 4 mile last hurrah today. Jumped a large lone pig, a group of four pigs, a lone shooter buck and a large group of does. No shot opportunities other than yet another dead hog. This sow was huge! So I finished out 2013 with 5 hogs (3 Granger, 1 Somerville, 1 Eachus), 3 lost, and about 7 misses. Not bad for my first year bow hunting. High hopes for 2014.
            That is a great year my friend as I have been hunting Granger for the past two years and I am just learning what to do at 54 yrs old. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks.
            It is like this hunting is being out of doors and enjoying God's gifts, it is a bonus if we see wildlife and a double bonus if you get to harvest wildlife.
            Great job

Comment

Originally posted by Comehere deer View Post
              That is a great year my friend as I have been hunting Granger for the past two years and I am just learning what to do at 54 yrs old. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks.
              It is like this hunting is being out of doors and enjoying God's gifts, it is a bonus if we see wildlife and a double bonus if you get to harvest wildlife.
              Great job
              Totally agree...

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                Their will be new dead pigs this weekend.
                Hopefully freshly dead.

Comment

Looks like Gage and I will make it this weekend with y'all. We will be there late Friday afternoon probably. If anyone wants a ride in from Taylor Park just let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                    Looks like Gage and I will make it this weekend with y'all. We will be there late Friday afternoon probably. If anyone wants a ride in from Taylor Park just let me know.
                    I hope y'all tear it up out there this weekend! I will be working out at my ranch and also trying to fill my last doe tag to end my deer season with 5 deer, or else I'd be out there in a heartbeat. It should be a good warm-up for GRXH, which shoul be epic this year, considering the number of folks coming.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                      Yes sir, me and my plus 1 are getting dropped off Thursday night. Going to use the trolling motor to navigate the mine field. If want to skip the hike we can get u at the primitive boat ramp just let me know I will send you my number.
                      Thanks for the offer. I'm kind of a glutton for punishment and enjoy the workout though. Should be me plus one or possibly two.

Comment

How far do those dead pigs run???

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                          How far do those dead pigs run???
                          Too far to be found apparently. They don't the second time around.

Comment

Let me know if anyone finds a pig with an arrow (or part of one) lodged in its neck on the right side. Shot it last time I was out and didn't recover. Probably 150lbs. It stood up and that was the only shot it provided. Will have a 100 grn muzzy in it.
                            Last edited by TXFireFighter; 01-01-2014, 01:32 PM.

Comment

And No, Im not talkin about the dead one I shot!

Comment

Anyone got a metal detector for GXRH?? With all the metal in the hogs they should be easy to find

Comment

Working...
                                X