No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been seeing lots of pecans. I guess there tap roots being so deep they are doing better than expected.

Comment

Finally got back here! Been a while since I hunt at Granger WMA. How are the hogs right now? Busy like hell? Just got myself lifetime license, only need to pay Annual Public Hunt, which isn't that bad. Pretty sure that everything look different since April, especially bloodweeds being green and soft, not brittle like last Spring.

Comment

Pig report please.

Comment

hummmm that's pretty quiet here... should have at least 1 or 2 reply on this thread, huh? Are everyone going to different WMA than Granger this season?

Comment

Im just waiting on the roads to be mowed and for it to start getting a tad cooler.

Comment

Ok, this might sound amateur, but what would I need to get out there and hunt some piggies (permits, licenses, etc)? This is public land right?

I live fairly close by and this would make a grrreeaat get-a-way...super easy to get to. I'd like to get out there early 2010 when it's colder.

Comment

Hunting license and public land permit. Than there is the bow and arrows, knife, perhaps a day pack, some snacks and water.

Comment

Excellent...a hunting I will go, a hunting I will go...

Comment

If I was to go down below the dam sometime, where do I enter at? Can I just park on the side of the road and hike in or is there a designated area or areas to park at?

Comment

I'll let some of the locals answer parking questions. I always camoe down from #7. Check the rules about when you can and can't hunt, i.e., no night hunting, etc...

Comment

10-4...thanks wudstix. Any help from locals or guys who have been out there would be great.

Comment

There are designated parking spots. For hunting below the dam, don't turn off on the Dam road. Keep on 1331 another 1/4 mile or so and there is a parking spot on the left side of the road.

Comment

Google lake granger and roam through there website. You will find maps on there with marked roads. When you plan on going out there, leave a little early and just drive around the lake (takes like 30 mins) and travel the back roads. you will see all the areas you can park and most of the roads are cut now. Let me know if you would like someone to go out there with you to show you around . I live in Round Rock so im just up the road from you .

Comment

This should help define the areas a little better
                              Attached Files

Comment

This rain sure has the pigs moving out at the lake. I hope someone is out taking advantage of it.
                                Last edited by gbeard; 09-12-2009, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X