No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have only been up to granger once to dove hunt but recently got into bowhunting and would love to get some experience up there. I saw lots of hog sign while scouting for waterfowl season and that's one of the reasons I got the bow. I've killed my fair share of pigs with the AR but not yet with the stick and string.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmb512 View Post
      I went out this morning and saw a ton of fresh sign in 6, but didn't see any hogs. I bumped into a guy who said he killed three out of 6 in the last two weeks. I went over to the railroad tracks and played hide and seek with a nice looking boar but couldn't get a shot before he swam across the water. I am curious where "the spot" is.. Or is that a secret? Tx firefighter, where do you work?
      Haha yes it's a secret so don't tell anyone! It where on the Taylor side of the river upstream from primitive launch where it bends hard right. Back in that area. Need a boat to access or a long walk.

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
        Haha yes it's a secret so don't tell anyone! It where on the Taylor side of the river upstream from primitive launch where it bends hard right. Back in that area. Need a boat to access or a long walk.
        Thanks! I have driven up 1325 a few times, but I haven't been able to find how to access the primitive camping area. Do you have to go into Taylor park? I really appreciate all the info!

Comment

Originally posted by Jmb512 View Post
          Thanks! I have driven up 1325 a few times, but I haven't been able to find how to access the primitive camping area. Do you have to go into Taylor park? I really appreciate all the info!
          Only access is from the 95 bridge or the corp area behind the water treatment plant. I believe its called the Comanche bluff trail head. Turn left right after the the water plant and follow it till it ends at the corp parking area.

Comment

My brother in law just killed this saw at the steps. Don't know the story yet. All i know is that he got there at 5:45 and walked up on her feeding 8 piglets. He's so lucky didn't even have any camo.
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice. It's all about being in the right place at the right time. He catch any of the piglets??

Comment

leave her there for a bit and see if the piglets come back!

Comment

Where is your hunter orange? It required. Hope you have your public land permits too.

Comment

Originally posted by Z7buckmaster View Post
                    My brother in law just killed this saw at the steps. Don't know the story yet. All i know is that he got there at 5:45 and walked up on her feeding 8 piglets. He's so lucky didn't even have any camo.
                    Great pig. Looks like a good shot

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
                      Where is your hunter orange? It required. Hope you have your public land permits too.
                      His got a permit, good question about the orange. Maybe he had it on and took it out or he didn't with him. I know his got a orange dove vest.

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
                        Nice. It's all about being in the right place at the right time. He catch any of the piglets??
                        He said he ran after one but couldn't catch him

Comment

Nice one, thanks for the post Z.

I didn't think you had to have orange for pigs out there? only deer. At least that's what I though I heard at the deer orientation.

Comment

Blaze shirt/vest & hat. Nice sow btw. What xbow do you shoot?

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
                              Blaze shirt/vest & hat. Nice sow btw. What xbow do you shoot?
                              Guess I stand corrected. I was thinking Corp regulations, but I guess since TPWD regulates this for the Corp, their rules trump?

Comment

Nice hog.

Comment

Working...
                                X