Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by big10 View Post
    Nice shot placement on the pig!
    Higher that I wanted, but weeds were in the way. He circled me and ended up 15 yrds away.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
      We're do I sign up for the hog hunting lessons???
      Hopefully he will be at GRXH

Comment

Originally posted by TxTyler View Post
        Well guys, I drew blood at Granger today. A nice sized sow. Probably around 120 lbs. After tracking her for over an hour and getting completely lost and turned around, I was unsuccesful in recovering her. I feel bad about not finding her, but man, that was exciting. I also jumped 6 deer. Four different groups of them. It's going to be a successful year for a lot of guys

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android
        You have to be the luckiest sob! No one goes to granger and shoots a hog there first hunt. Don't expect that to happen often. Unless your that guy^^^

With that said.... We need pics or it didn't happen. At least a bloody arrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
          Hopefully he will be at GRXH
          You can count on that!

Comment

Standby

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
            My son
            8.5 pounds
            21 inches
            Born 9-6-13 at 1:10pm

New Granger Ranger in a few years
            Congrats again on your newborn. I have been talked into going to the standby and I guess I can finally meet some of y'all granger killers

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
              Congrats again on your newborn. I have been talked into going to the standby and I guess I can finally meet some of y'all granger killers
              Thank you. See yah there. Ill bet it will be 300 people this year instead of 200

Comment

its canceled.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                  You have to be the luckiest sob! No one goes to granger and shoots a hog there first hunt. Don't expect that to happen often. Unless your that guy^^^

With that said.... We need pics or it didn't happen. At least a bloody arrow.
                  She kept it

Comment

Originally posted by TxTyler View Post
                    She kept it
                    Was it a recurve you shot or a compound? Where did you hit her?
                    Last edited by Removed; 09-22-2013, 03:47 PM.

Comment

now its starting to cool down ill be out there more,maybe get me some of that bacon yall keep running into lol

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
                        Was it a recurve you shot or a compound? Where did you hit her?
                        With my traditional longbow. Right behind the shoulder. I think the angle of the shot, it more than likely went in and stuck in the other leg and didn't exit. Although, she was in some thick stuff so it's possible it could have entered elsewhere. There was just enough of an opening for me to shoot. Definitely hit her good. She did a couple 360's, squeezed, ****** and you know what herself. It smelt like death had come over Granger. You could follow the stench for about 100 yards or so...

The funny thing about it, I was walking down a trail and her and another came out about thirty yards in front of me and stopped. They seemed confused. I had about three seconds to draw, aim, and shoot. Being thirty yards I missed underneath. I haven't practiced a thirty yard shot so it was a little out of my wheelhouse. So they scampered off. I went and retrieved my arrow and crept up to a good spot behind a tree and waited. Thinking I might hear them and try to stalk. Wouldn't you know they circled around, came within 6 yards of me and started to bed down on the other side of the tree from me. I can tell you I was pretty excited at this point. I slowly took a step back and found the opening to shoot. Nailed her then the rest above mentioned ensued.

It was a lot of fun. I definitely learned a lot from the hunt. Next time, there will be an ldp for sure
                        Last edited by TxTyler; 09-22-2013, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Do you mind sharing what entrance you went through

Comment

Originally posted by dparcher View Post
                            Do you mind sharing what entrance you went through
                            I think we were at taylor park

Comment

pulled down my tree stand today,gonna try out somerville for wt

Comment

Originally posted by unionmade482 View Post
                                pulled down my tree stand today,gonna try out somerville for wt
                                dont give up yet bro, there is the stand by

Comment

Working...
                                X