How did everyone do today?? Don't worry. I don't hunt dove lol

Comment

6 for me

Comment

Those six along with that tasty hog and you have a pretty good meal

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
          How did everyone do today?? Don't worry. I don't hunt dove lol
          I got 12 at sore finger. Somebody killed a 5 feet long rattlesnake at that area.

Comment

Not suprising at all about the rattler. Come on cool weather.

Comment

Originally posted by CARNAGE68 View Post
              I got 12 at sore finger. Somebody killed a 5 feet long rattlesnake at that area.
              Yup....I just s..t myself. man I hate those things

Comment

That grassy habitat with all the dead falls is perfect habitat for rodents and rabbits hence also prime habitat for rattlers.

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
                  Got lunch?!?!
                  Bam! You're hogging (see what I did there ) all the luck, you rascal! Kap!

Comment

Man, I haven't been on here in a long time, and I remember how great this thread is.

Got 8 doves on Sunday, and anxious to get out and hunt something a little larger.

Comment

I'm waiting before it cools down before I go out. I hate snakes.

Comment

Originally posted by CARNAGE68 View Post
                        That was one of our group, 2 guys walked in that area for 15 minutes looking for a bird and this guy never rattled. Everyone was really looking after that , made me nervous reaching down for a bird

Click image for larger version

Name:	Granger Rattler.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	24240380

Comment

Originally posted by alec73065 View Post
                          That was one of our group, 2 guys walked in that area for 15 minutes looking for a bird and this guy never rattled. Everyone was really looking after that , made me nervous reaching down for a bird

[ATTACH]542309[/ATTACH]
                          It's crazy. Almost all reports have been of them not rattling. Alot of people are thinking their not rattling due to hogs?? Any thoughts?

Comment

It's crazy. Almost all reports have been of them not rattling. Alot of people are thinking their not rattling due to hogs?? Any thoughts?
                            I have heard that , it is the first one I have seen in the 8 years I have been in TX. My first year here I was thinking there was a rattlesnake at every step and was very cautious. That caution faded away and I never hesitated plowing around out at Granger every dove season. Finding this one kind of made me gun shy again , glad I had on snake boots. The head on that thing was huge , at least to me.

Comment

he was probably more worried about the dude with a gun that he was about a pig. slap him on the head with a stick and he'll rattle. they just want to be left alone.

Comment

thats just a baby thats why he did not rattle. The big ones I found have pigs in their belly. Its best yall just wait till its cooler. Trust me, no dove, or deer out there. Just snakes and ticks!

Comment

Working...
                                X