"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LemmeOut View Post
    I thought they were going to put postcards around the place and have people go hunt for them. Isn't thay what a postcard hunt is?
    That's does sound like a fun idea. Hide 25 post cards and have all the hunters go out and try and find them.
    It would definitely sort out the hunters who hunt out there and wouldn't waist the opportunity to hunt vs. the ones that get drawn and never go out all season cause they live so far away.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
      That's does sound like a fun idea. Hide 25 post cards and have all the hunters go out and try and find them.
      It would definitely sort out the hunters who hunt out there and wouldn't waist the opportunity to hunt vs. the ones that get drawn and never go out all season cause they live so far away.
      X2

Comment

DM see what you started. If I make the 200+ mile drive up there ans find the gates closed it would be a bad day. (might even send you the gas bill) Hope to get drawn at a Military reservation closer to home. Close GWMA just thing of all the thiefs that would have to get a job.

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
          X2
          X3!

Comment

As grown up as the place is, we're gonna need a helicopter lift out if you get anything big this fall.

It really has become unhuntable for the majority of people thinking of putting in for the post card hunt.

Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Addicted2bh View Post
              Guys I could use some real help!! Been trying and trying to find places to hunt pigs. I have no clue where Grainger is or what the restrictions are to hunt there. If someone could help me with these answers, that would be VERY much appreciated. Any info at all would be great. I'd be starting from no knowledge of this place. If honestly go every single weekend if I knew where this place was.

Thanks in advance !
              Click back to page 1 and start reading! All the info you could need to start hunting granger. The rest will come with good old fashion legwork!

Comment

Anyone know if it is legal to hunt hogs at Granger with a spear?

Comment

Good lord its grown up out there. Spent the past two mornings out there stomping. No pigs but a few deer.

Comment

Already tired of the new bow? Not sure if its legal or not though.

Comment

make it fair and just use your legs and hands, then you will have a lot of respect from all, strangling and suffocating wild pigs is legal everywhere.

Comment

Just exploring my options.

Comment

Just exploring my options.
                          I have watched tim wells do it on relentless pursuit and it does look like fun. Wouldnt trust myself to make a clean kill though. Looks like most of the people that do it and actually kill something do it from a tree and drop it down on them. Havent seen many where they are spot and stalking and get a good hit on them.

Comment

Use of a "Saufeder" pig feather or spear, as you called it is popular in Germany. I think at Granger it would be a real challenge. Still trying to connect with a longbow. Hit and lost one to the creek Northwest of PC.

Comment

Originally posted by huntnfishtex View Post
                              I have watched tim wells do it on relentless pursuit and it does look like fun. Wouldnt trust myself to make a clean kill though. Looks like most of the people that do it and actually kill something do it from a tree and drop it down on them. Havent seen many where they are spot and stalking and get a good hit on them.
                              The last boar I got from the tree could have been speared easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                                Use of a "Saufeder" pig feather or spear, as you called it is popular in Germany. I think at Granger it would be a real challenge. Still trying to connect with a longbow. Hit and lost one to the creek Northwest of PC.
                                I'm thinking one of these:

Swords, Axes, Machetes and The Coolest Knives For Sale From The Leader in Tactical Weapons and Gear

Swords, Axes, Machetes and The Coolest Knives For Sale From The Leader in Tactical Weapons and Gear

Comment

Working...
                                X