"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
    This weather is giving me the itch to head out bad!
    Agreed!

Comment

fire ants came back after this rain, I have been trying to kill them around the office up here.....I saw two monster bucks coming from cut corn and cross in front of me last night, it was around 2200 or I would have got pics.....one looked like a main frame 8 that was pushing 150.............the other wouldn't stop and kept running but he was just as big and looked like more points,,,,,100% velvet growth it looks like to me.........I finally talked to derrick the biologist, well he sent me a voicemail stating the post card is on basically the same as last year, just fyi....you should be able to get the public hunting lands book on aug 15, and that's when you should be able to get your new hunting lic and aph permit as well.

Comment

Thanks TXUSNAVYCHIEF for sharing your years of experience with us and for your recent game forecast!!
        I told Derrick about seeing a good covey of quail on the Sore Finger last year right before dove season. It tickled me to no end to see a good covey like that
        BTW.....welcome back to Central Texas!

Comment

There are no deer at granger. Post card hunt has been canceled. Do not revisit this thread. There is nothing here to see.

Comment

Yep heard the same thing,everybody direct yourself back to around the campfire section.

Comment

lots snakes, ticks, and thiefs

Comment

I will be closing this thread in 48 hrs due to hunting being closed at granger starting Aug 1st.
                Please feel free to leave your comments,stand locations, honey holes etc on the thread before its closed.
                Thanks

Comment

Why is it being closed

Comment

Guys I could use some real help!! Been trying and trying to find places to hunt pigs. I have no clue where Grainger is or what the restrictions are to hunt there. If someone could help me with these answers, that would be VERY much appreciated. Any info at all would be great. I'd be starting from no knowledge of this place. If honestly go every single weekend if I knew where this place was.

Thanks in advance !

Comment

Originally posted by TX_bowhunter37 View Post
                      Why is it being closed
                      All the deer swam up the San Gabriel to Georgetown and the pigs went over the dam and down to Hare. Oh and to scare people away from sending in post cards for.

Comment

Originally posted by Addicted2bh View Post
                        Guys I could use some real help!! Been trying and trying to find places to hunt pigs. I have no clue where Grainger is or what the restrictions are to hunt there. If someone could help me with these answers, that would be VERY much appreciated. Any info at all would be great. I'd be starting from no knowledge of this place. If honestly go every single weekend if I knew where this place was.

Thanks in advance !
                        You might try doing a Google search for Granger WMA or Granger Lake to find out where it is. The TPWD website will be useful in finding restrictions and some of the 4500 or so posts in this thread will be useful if you decide you want to hunt the place. Good luck.:thumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by kestimator View Post
                          Thanks TXUSNAVYCHIEF for sharing your years of experience with us and for your recent game forecast!!
                          I told Derrick about seeing a good covey of quail on the Sore Finger last year right before dove season. It tickled me to no end to see a good covey like that
                          BTW.....welcome back to Central Texas!
                          thnks bro!!!glad to be back home!

Comment

So they are closing granger?

Comment

Originally posted by LemmeOut View Post
                              All the deer swam up the San Gabriel to Georgetown and the pigs went over the dam and down to Hare. Oh and to scare people away from sending in post cards for.
                              Post card hunt has been cancelled due to the closer of the area.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                                Post card hunt has been cancelled due to the closer of the area.
                                I thought they were going to put postcards around the place and have people go hunt for them. Isn't thay what a postcard hunt is?

Comment

Working...
                                X