"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
    draw booklet is totally different since there are no draw hunts at granger this year and prob none anymore which kind of stinks, maybe they hire me on permanent and I can run draws.......we all hunt, mandatory all tbh hunters get to hunt.....lol
    Are you saying there wont be any deer hunting at Granger this year? Or are you just refering to the 2013-2014 public draw app? Im pretty sure there is still a post card archery permit draw this year for Granger.

Comment

went out today and s.o.b. its hot after noon,didnt see much but a few does and a buck...
      and it seems like the ticks are really out lol

Comment

Post card

Originally posted by RACK View Post
        Are you saying there wont be any deer hunting at Granger this year? Or are you just refering to the 2013-2014 public draw app? Im pretty sure there is still a post card archery permit draw this year for Granger.
        There will be post card hunt but not draw pay hunts like before. Post card hunts are going to be ran by tpwd biologist derrick, but he hasn't called me back or emailed any of us here at the ranger station so I am as of now only assuming it will go exactly like last year.

Comment

draw hunts

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
          Any word on why the draw hunts might be done for at Granger?
          I don't know right now, I am assuming it's money and personnel, with the old draw hunts someone was always at the check station at the end of the hunt, i.e. johnny cathey wildlife technician....johnny not there and tpwd not hiring anyone to fill his spot for granger, sometimes there was a volunteer I remember checking us in and out....it all boils down to tpwd owning basically all the hunting rights and we are not in the mix at all as park rangers as of yet....

Comment

Hog down! First bow kill! Stoked... pics to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
              Hog down! First bow kill! Stoked... pics to follow.
              Kap
              Last edited by Removed; 06-25-2019, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Nice. Now what? Buzzard food or you food?

Comment

Cut the head off, wrap him in a black garbage bag and carry him out

Comment

Very nice congrats brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                      Nice. Now what? Buzzard food or you food?
                      Me food...firing up the pit in an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                        Cut the head off, wrap him in a black garbage bag and carry him out
                        ****, I had to call for backup. Thank god sneaky was able to come help me drag him out. Wanted to keep the skull for a euro mount, so that had to come with.
                        Last edited by Removed; 07-06-2013, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
                          Very nice congrats brother.
                          Thx, won't tell you exactly where, but from the innards, one less corn rober by steps.

Comment

Yeeeahh Excellent Bowkill ! That had to feel better than that crossbow.
                            He's just about perfect for the pit.
                            Party at your house !! haha

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
                              Thx, won't tell you exactly where, but from the innards, one less corn rober by steps.
                              Gotcha! let me know when you head back out.

Comment

Congrats man!

Something you can say that many hunters can't, including myself... You killed an animal on Texas public land with a bow, congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X