No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We killed lots of cottonmouths out there by the river and all the gullies but we saw the most in the spillway... the only 2 things I've let an arrow fly on out there so far were gar and cottonmouths. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by chevota View Post
      So I hunted behind the dam last year and my buddy tells me there's a road to the east of the dam rd off of 1331 that will get you in on the south side of the spillway and pecan grove with a lot less of a hike. Anybody able to confirm that? He said you park right off of 1331 and walk a dirt road that borders the public hunting land and private land. Found it on the map just want to make sure its a legite place to park and hike in. Also is the grass still 4 feet tall out there?
      If its the road in thinking of that road is private and goes back along the north east corner of the property. The owner posted traps along the fenceline after I got into them last year. The owner of the property doesn't see friendly from reports I've heard.

Comment

Is that to the north east of pecan grove or runs to the north east of the private property south of pecan grove and the spillway? Ill stick to hiking vs a shady shortcut haha.

Comment

Thanks I appreciate the info

Comment

They're out there, and all over the place. The thing is, it's so thick out there right now, that they don't break cover until you're ten feet from them, and you never see them until they spring from right out of under your feet.

Comment

I had tons of pics on my game cam out there one pic had a group of 15 and the closest I got was about 6 feet one morning in the dark walking into my spot one hopped up and bolted... any closer and I would have stepped on it. Shot my heart rate through the roof!

Comment

Great weather for the Meat and Potaoes Hunt.

Comment

Wish I could make it out there this weekend but i have my fingers crossed for next sunday. Maybe it wont be too hot

Comment

Anybody going out Sunday?

Comment

Originally posted by chevota View Post
                      I had tons of pics on my game cam out there one pic had a group of 15 and the closest I got was about 6 feet one morning in the dark walking into my spot one hopped up and bolted... any closer and I would have stepped on it. Shot my heart rate through the roof!
                      Good times. I've walked up to within 6' of a pack of yotes. I may have pee'd. Just a little.

Comment

Anyone starting a "meat and potatoes" hunt thread? I can't make it due to my daughter and prom, but would love to see some pics and stories.

Comment

Hey guys, the Granger Lake Fest is Saturday the 11th. Lots of activities for the kids, craft booths, BBQ cook off, good food and cold drinks. There will also be a dance after the sun goes down. The Fire Department will be on hand for medical concerns and will be selling GUN RAFFLE tickets. If you are out hunting come have a good BBQ lunch or bring the family out for the day. Thanks guys.

Comment

How did the Meat N potatoes hunt go?

Comment

Originally posted by jcox View Post
                              Hey guys, the Granger Lake Fest is Saturday the 11th. Lots of activities for the kids, craft booths, BBQ cook off, good food and cold drinks. There will also be a dance after the sun goes down. The Fire Department will be on hand for medical concerns and will be selling GUN RAFFLE tickets. If you are out hunting come have a good BBQ lunch or bring the family out for the day. Thanks guys.
                              where are they havin the lake fest at?

Comment

It's in Granger.

Comment

Working...
                                X