No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey y'all Im new to TBH. Been going out to Granger the past few months couple times each month. Just stopping in to introduce myself

Comment

welcome to the fire

Comment

Anybody making any trips out there this week? Might go out tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by shipinabottle View Post
          Hey y'all Im new to TBH. Been going out to Granger the past few months couple times each month. Just stopping in to introduce myself
          Welcome to the green screen. Any sighting/kills?

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
            Welcome to the green screen. Any sighting/kills?
            Thank y'all. Been mainly parking at 95 bridge and walking towards primitive boat ramp. Walked up on a small group of four about 6 weeks ago. Couldn't get a clear shot so we let them walk. We heard momma sow but couldn't spot her. Last week parked at the primitive boat ramp and walked down to a crappie spot, bowless. On the way back to the truck we walked up on what sounded to me about a group of 15 rooting around. We high tailed it out of there. It was so overgrown I couldn't spot where they were but I'd say they were about 40 yards off. Also, We were walking about 25 yards up from the bank away from 95 and heard all this rustling through the brush. We looked up and saw about 30 to 50 hogs running down the bank and hopping into the river. That was pretty sweet to see!

Comment

Walk slow with the wind in your face and it is all good. Binos don't hurt either, to glass ahead.

Comment

Headed out there Sat any one want to go with me?

Comment

Originally posted by TX_bowhunter37 View Post
                  Headed out there Sat any one want to go with me?
                  Good luck David!

Comment

Originally posted by TxTyler View Post
                    Good luck David!
                    thanks Tyler I am super excited

Comment

Granger Fire

Good afternoon green screen, I mentioned the Granger Fire Departments fundraiser gun raffle during the Granger Ranger Extreme Hunt thread. Well, its that time!!! The tickets are $20.00 and we only sell 600. We have 12 prizes, 6 are guns and the others include a Yeti Cooler, large propane griddle, fishing combo, Leupold Binos, and gift cards to Academy. I have pics of all the prizes and can post them if wanted (didn't want to flood this thread with all the pics without asking). Our department is tasked with fire control as well as medical and rescue for the majority of the Granger WMA. If anyone is interested in a ticket, I will try very hard to get one in your hand regardless of the location. The raffle drawing will be at our Fire Social on October 5th (you do not need to be present to win) and tickets are on sell now. Thank you for your support.

Comment

Here is a list of the prizes!!!

1. Browning X-Bolt Rifle 243cal.
                        2. Outdoor Gourmet 36" Propane Griddle
                        3. Remington 11-87 Sportsman 12 ga Shotgun
                        4. Leupold BX-2 Acadia 10 X 42 Binoculars
                        5. Marlin 336W 30-30 Lever-Action Rifle
                        6. Academy Gift Card $100.00
                        7. USSG Baikal MP-220 Coach Side By Side 12ga Shotgun
                        8. Yeti Tundra 45 Qt. Cooler
                        9. Ruger Tactical 10/22 Rifle
                        10. Abu Garcia Fishing Combo with Tackle
                        11. Marlin XL7W Bolt Action Rifle 30-06
                        12. Academy Gift Card $100.00

Comment

thank's for the info jcox,i will get a hold of shirocky to get me a few.

Comment

Good deal, I have not spoken with him yet but he normally sells a bunch for us....

Comment

Granger Volunteer Fire Department is on face book with pics of all the raffle prizes. Give it a look guys!!!!!

Comment

Replied to PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X