"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
    Any feed back on the Chippewa boots? Need another pair before I do too much walking in the weeds.
    I'm at about 7-8 miles into my pair of 25110's (model number) I bought, and I love them!

The first day was hell, but they've broken in perfectly. The only thing I'll say is a small downside (which is more than made up for by the safety they provide) is that if you're hiking up and down a lot of elevation change, your feet will slide around inside the boot a teensy bit, since they're a pull-on type boot, and not a lace-up.

Over a long hike, that can result in a little foot discomfort. But on relatively flat ground, I could walk in them all day in absolute comfort.

Oh, and I bought them at McBride's for the best price I've found anywhere - $215. I've only been there twice (once for the boots, and once to buy my HK45), and I was truly impressed with how knowledgeable and polite they were.

Comment

Thanks 88, sounds great. Union, I told them to find a spot and sit and wait and next thing I know my 10yo is sitting in poison ivy everywhere. (The same spot you saw him in on your right as you went by). It's amazing how much those video games don't teach you! We followed that trail to the end near the water and went left. You could see where they bed down and trails all over but no recent signs.

Comment

Originally posted by rvickery2 View Post
        next thing I know my 10yo is sitting in poison ivy everywhere.
        Here's something Granger has forced me to learn;
        1 Bottle of rubbing alcohol
        1 small bottle of Camphor
        1 100 ct. box of BC Powder
        or 200 extra strength aspirin

Pour out enough alcohol so all that other stuff will fit. Shake it until the aspirins desolve and treat away on your poison ivy.

Comment

Originally posted by RickyS View Post
          Here's something Granger has forced me to learn;
          1 Bottle of rubbing alcohol
          1 small bottle of Camphor
          1 100 ct. box of BC Powder
          or 200 extra strength aspirin

Pour out enough alcohol so all that other stuff will fit. Shake it until the aspirins desolve and treat away on your poison ivy.
          Or you could listen to your buddy Dirty. He knows what hes talking about when he says hey. These trees are covered in poison ivy. Maybe we should not hang our hammocks here......

Its true what they say. Cant teach and old dog new tricks.

Comment

hey randy if yall head strait down that path
            and head right there is some dense woods there at the
            water,try some still huntin around there ive gottin lucky there
            in the morning

Comment

With all this rain would it be a good time to go out as its raininy and shoot the pigs in thier bedding?

Comment

Originally posted by TX_bowhunter37 View Post
                With all this rain would it be a good time to go out as its raininy and shoot the pigs in thier bedding?
                x2.im gonna try to make the best of it by going out

Comment

Originally posted by TX_bowhunter37 View Post
                  does granger have a lot of,turkeyz out,there
                  I was out there once sitting under some trees blowing a varmint call for at least 20-30 min. When I quit and stood up about 8 or so Turkeys flew out of the tree I was sitting under.

Comment

whos heading out this weekend

Comment

HEADING BACK TO MY HOME in TEXAS!!!!!

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
                      Congrats! Welcome back and thank you for your service!
                      thanks Brother!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                        thanks Brother!!!!!
                        awesome brother,home has been waiting for ya....welcome back to gods country

Comment

Turkeys all over by mouth of the river!!!

Originally posted by wudstix View Post
                          i would think that with all the hogs turkey eggs would not last long on the ground. have never seen a turkey at granger.
                          around this time every year i hear them gobbling and see them fly across the river by the mouth and that island!!!!always when i am crappie fishing.......i don't think you can hunt them at granger....i never tried because i prefer to fish in the spring....

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                            thanks Brother!!!!!
                            glad to hear your headed home man!

Comment

headin out

Comment

some signs at pc but full of fishermen

Comment

Working...
                                X