No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks brother,ive got places i like for sure,just trying to group up other places for me and other brothers

Comment

any one wanna get together and head to kjo sometime?heard its nice

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
        Sneaky and I went out this morning. Jumped a really large boar at <10 yrds. By the time we gained our bearing, he had ran down a hill, jumped into the creek, and was up the other side. I let one fly as he crested the hill, but missed. Good to see a big hog alive though. Also got two rabbits, a set of antlers, and four miles of exercise.
        Pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by unionmade482 View Post
          any one wanna get together and head to kjo sometime?heard its nice
          i wish but it seems expensive to hunt there

Comment

I'll give that Sawyer stuff a try, my employee discount make it more affordable.

Comment

Any feed back on the Chippewa boots? Need another pair before I do too much walking in the weeds.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_bowhunter37 View Post
                does granger have a lot of,turkeyz out,there
                Yes. we've seen em in "D". Watched a yote chase a hen all over the place one day.

They both ran right in front of a few doe and then down to the river. Then they came back up the bank and ran in front of the deer again.

The deer and we just stood there and watched the show.

It was comical.

That was the only time I've ever seen deer,turkey and coyotes together like that.

Comment

Union,
                  I did make it back out. Boys and I hunted San Gab hard morning and afternoon Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. We stalked, baited, and sat waiting but never saw a hog. We did get to see a 5' rattlesnake that boys wanted to **** off but I insisted we get the hell out of his way. It was a great weekend and great weather.

Comment

There may be a few turkeys out there but you can't hunt them. Illegal to hunt at Granger, I guess cause there aren't enough to hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by bosshawg401 View Post
                      There may be a few turkeys out there but you can't hunt them. Illegal to hunt at Granger, I guess cause there aren't enough to hunt.
                      its a.draw hunt just want to teach my daughter how to call turkeys in with a new call
                      Last edited by TX_bowhunter37; 04-01-2013, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rvickery2 View Post
                        Union,
                        I did make it back out. Boys and I hunted San Gab hard morning and afternoon Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. We stalked, baited, and sat waiting but never saw a hog. We did get to see a 5' rattlesnake that boys wanted to **** off but I insisted we get the hell out of his way. It was a great weekend and great weather.
                        na brother i dont make it back out on sunday but i think i did run into your boys
                        baiting near the gate lol...
                        ill head back out some time this week and look around again,prob dust

Comment

Dodge truck? That was them, I was close by and saw you with bow headed down the path. That was the only place we really saw anything fresh. It was close to the car and they make more noise than a junior high cheerleading squad when they are on the move.

Comment

Dodge truck? That was them, I was close by and saw you with bow headed down the path. That was the only place we really saw anything fresh. It was close to the car and they make more noise than a junior high cheerleading squad when they are on the move.
                            Love the avatar. Pretty cool man. When I start hunting again in the fall out there if you want ill put you and your boys on one of the many sweet spots out there and get them a pig

Comment

yeah dodge thats me,i mostly try to get as close to the water as I can when it heats up

Comment

keep a eye out for poison oak to,those boys will get eatin up,
                                I know I hav lol

Comment

Working...
                                X