• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO...? howd it go?

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
      SO...? howd it go?
      Myself and Jared_Bays hunted the PC. He saw one coming in and we saw one big one as we were making our way up river. I got there well before sunrise and didnt even spoke anything until I met up with Jared around 8 am. I think with all the corn fields around they have haved moved there to take advantage of good food and cover. All my hunting from now on will be below the dam. Also, the natural grass is getting so high in many areas that getting a shot at anything but a 300 pounder would be impossible.

Comment

Everything is so green and thick that if you don't get a shot right away, they just disappear. Chris, I'll be ready for another trip early next week if you're up to it. We can check out below the dam. My wife has to work all weekend so I'm on Daddy duty til Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by jared_bays View Post
          Everything is so green and thick that if you don't get a shot right away, they just disappear. Chris, I'll be ready for another trip early next week if you're up to it. We can check out below the dam. My wife has to work all weekend so I'm on Daddy duty til Monday.
          That sounds like a plan, ill let you know. If anyone finds a FMJ, zebra stripped fletching and a hellrazor broadhead out near the PC please let me know. It must have fell out when I was riding out. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
            That sounds like a plan, ill let you know. If anyone finds a FMJ, zebra stripped fletching and a hellrazor broadhead out near the PC please let me know. It must have fell out when I was riding out. Thanks
            I've got it in my quiver. Family and I went to Lake Bastrop to do a little fishing and camping and I forgot all about it. I picked it up in the road along the fence line right before you go through the first gate heading back to where we parked. I meant to send you a pm on Monday afternoon, but I got sidetracked and forgot.

Comment

Originally posted by jared_bays View Post
              I've got it in my quiver. Family and I went to Lake Bastrop to do a little fishing and camping and I forgot all about it. I picked it up in the road along the fence line right before you go through the first gate heading back to where we parked. I meant to send you a pm on Monday afternoon, but I got sidetracked and forgot.

Thanks...

Comment

j_b; did you clean the blood off it?

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                  j_b; did you clean the blood off it?
                  Unfortunately no blood on this one. At least none from our hunt.

Comment

Has everyone stopped hunting Granger?

Comment

Yes. Go try it. Hogs everywhere. I'm too old and lazy to drag a hog out in this heat.

Comment

are the snakes bad around this time of the year out therE?

Comment

Yes, but don't let that stop you. I'd be more worried about getting too close to a sow with babies in that high grass than snakes.

Comment

that grass is high as h**l now aint it....man i need to make another trip down there...

Comment

yeah.. will sows have babies right now??

Comment

Just got back from Michigan boys and im ready for some hog killin. The last time I went the grass was over knee high in most areas, im betting its much worse now. I am going to try to hit a watering area below the dam tomorrow night

Comment

Working...
                                X