No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok guys im back ....**** seems i missed alot since i been out..anyone heading down next weekend?...group hunt?

Comment

I was thinking about making a run to the PC early tomorrow morning, but 80% chance of thunderstorms may keep me at home. Might hit it Tuesday instead.

Comment

Originally posted by jared_bays View Post
        I was thinking about making a run to the PC early tomorrow morning, but 80% chance of thunderstorms may keep me at home. Might hit it Tuesday instead.
        It would be perfect tomarrow.... I would hunt as much as possible tomarrow if I was not at work. They move so much better in the rain, they pile up on the trails and old rooting areas to get the worms and grubs.... good luck

Comment

Still planning on a trad hunt sometime in the near future. Any stick bow shooters chime in. Working on a major project at the office and after that might geta few days off mid-week.

Comment

Anyone hunt today? What an awesome day to be out there.

Comment

Headin out in the morning, anyone wanna go? Hope to get there around 730. Give me a call tonight or n the morning.
              Isaac
              512-417-4238

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
                Headin out in the morning, anyone wanna go? Hope to get there around 730. Give me a call tonight or n the morning.
                Isaac
                512-417-4238
                Good luck man.... I hope to be out on Friday mourning, maybe with GSXRMAN22, you available then?

Comment

Sounds good to me Crod888. As of rightnow Friday I can go.

Comment

Originally posted by Gsxrman_22 View Post
                    Sounds good to me Crod888. As of rightnow Friday I can go.
                    Cool, lookin forward to it

Comment

I am supposed to work friday but we shall see. I let yall know. Think Ill head out on the south side of the spillway if anyone wants to join me in the morning. I ll give a report when I get in tomorrow.

Comment

I arrived below the dam at 8am and started walking East along the river on the south side. Walked about a mile and half and started making my way in along the powerlines. Slowly made my way all the way to the creek with some fresh signs here and there. I made a right and began following the creek back west. I immediatly began to see lots of fresh sign of hogs but none spotted yet. I slowly walked taking short breaks on the way to listen with nothing to show. It was raining on and off at this time so I knew they couldnt hear me walking. Anyways aperantly that creek slowly turns you north then east cause I found the powerlines again. I saw a good trail and headin west knowing it would eventually come out closer to the spillway. Lots of the same. lots of signs and tracks but no hogs. Made back to the truck and headed to 6. Made my way both east and west at 6 also with nothing to show for it. I saw the most tracks and sign in the bloodweeds east of the 6 entrance. All fresh but no actual hogs around. Alot of the bloodweed is knocked down so you can see in aways unlike before. Headed home around 2. This, like my buddy Crod suggested, leads me to believe that these hogs have gone nocturnal. Looks like ill be huntin real early morning or evening from now on. Should get better when all the waterin holes start dryin up. we shall see. goodluck

Comment

anyone going out this weekend?....ill be down there tomorrow morning...PC looks like where ill be starting out...

Comment

Originally posted by mayhemsr View Post
                            anyone going out this weekend?....ill be down there tomorrow morning...PC looks like where ill be starting out...
                            Get there real early and walk the smaller inner trails real slow.. You'll see um. Good luck

Comment

Anybody huntin tommorow? Crod how late were you seenin them out at PC? Might go n the morning but wont be there till 8 or so.. might try tomorrow evening instead. Not sure yet.

Comment

I didnt see any past 730 am and about 15 minutes before dark they started moving.... I heard them sound off when they got up.

Comment

Working...
                                X