No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got back. Parked past the water plant and hunted past the 2 ponds. Lost my newer little red mag lite on the irst road to the right when walking past the first big pond(on the left)

Took a shot at one pig through about 20 yards of rag weed. Could not find my arrow or blood? I took my son(9 year old) with me this time so who knows what else I lost along the way LOL. Heard the pigs 2 other times but never saw them.

Comment

Back in Texas. Where are all the dead hogs???? Let me know if anyone is going out there anytime soon..

Comment

Originally posted by Gsxrman_22 View Post
        Back in Texas. Where are all the dead hogs???? Let me know if anyone is going out there anytime soon..
        Glad to hear your back.... Ill let you know when, it maybe friday

Comment

Sounds good to me. Hit me up.

Comment

I shot one. My buddy did also on the same day. Pics are under bowhunting reports.

I may go back Wed evening. Mosquitoes were unbearable last night..literally even when I had a shot and drew back I could not hold it long enough to get a shot because they were all over both hands.... I hope it was some weird fluke or at least next time out will be more windy.

Comment

Wow you guys had a lot of fun, huh? Just got back from Florida today. Been out of town for a week. The trip was work-related. Anyway, hope that I have time to go over there. I am taking my time for now.

Comment

I'm planning on going out Friday evening and most likely Saturday morning - either around the primitive or below the dam. I'll be attending a bachelor party at Wilson Fox Saturday night, and we're going to camp there Friday night. If anyone else is planning on going, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  I shot one. My buddy did also on the same day. Pics are under bowhunting reports.

I may go back Wed evening. Mosquitoes were unbearable last night..literally even when I had a shot and drew back I could not hold it long enough to get a shot because they were all over both hands.... I hope it was some weird fluke or at least next time out will be more windy.
                  Great pig!!! Is it pretty green out near the PC? Im wondering of its getting harder to see them.

Comment

Just got done with school for a while, so I'll be heading out to Granger to see if I can't catch up to the remaining hogs at Granger...

Comment

On my way out to the PC this mourning, if anyone wants to meet up txt to cell #512-983-1347......al standard messaging rates apply LOL

Comment

Wow... what a great mourning out there. Got out to the PC early after a tough bike ride that soaked me in sweat (man im old). Got cooled down and into a different set of clothes and headed in. Spooked a group bedded right near the crescent pond, they headed north. i kept going to one of the trails that cuts through the heart of the bloodweeds. Got about half way down and got a small curve in the trail, as I slowly peeked around it I saw those big black familier blobs in the trail. There were 2 of them feeding. I ranged them at 86 yards, I made my way slow crouched to the ground and ranged again, 63 yards. I waited for about 30 seconds until they were facing away and moved to just about 50 yards. At that point I see something else move into the road in between us, then something else. Ill be darned if its 6 does that pop out of the trail, not paying much attention to the hogs they start moving down the trail towards me. They get to about thirty yards and spook. They hogs didnt run off but did start making there way away from me down the trail. I watch them to see were they went into the bloodweeds and made my way slowly toward them. Just when im about there another hog from the opposite direction the first to went pops out and stares at me. He bolted and they all spooked. I hunted the rest of the mourning and didnt hear a thing. I did see another hunter who said him and some buddies of his have taken 7 out of there in two weeks, which included a huge boar he said wasnt far from me and himt that they didnt keep. As I was leaving I went by were he said they left the boar lay and he was big. I think I may have saw him once near the far south fenceline there, which is were he was killed. All in all I m glad I got up at 4:15.

Comment

Funny how people "say" they kill so many but yet you never actually see them shoot any hogs LOL...

Unless you go with Hillcountry then you see dead pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            Funny how people "say" they kill so many but yet you never actually see them shoot any hogs LOL...

Unless you go with Hillcountry then you see dead pigs.
                            Yea.... I thought the same thing. But really, you shoulda seen this guy. He looked like he lives out there and hadn't had a bath in months. When I saw him I thought I heard a BANJO.

Comment

Glad there is still some hog activity. Hey My brother-n-law lost his range finder out around the PC about a month and a half ago. Possibly 2 months ago. More than likely it fell out of his bag in the blood weeds. If anyone finds or has found a Green Nikon range finder we would appreciate it if you could return it.

Hey Crod when you going out again? I may be able to head out next week sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by Gsxrman_22 View Post
                                Glad there is still some hog activity. Hey My brother-n-law lost his range finder out around the PC about a month and a half ago. Possibly 2 months ago. More than likely it fell out of his bag in the blood weeds. If anyone finds or has found a Green Nikon range finder we would appreciate it if you could return it.

Hey Crod when you going out again? I may be able to head out next week sometime.
                                Prolly next Friday. If you can do lets aim for early mourning and hit the PC. That and just before dark seem to be rockin. RIVERRAT... what time did yall get your shots at the pigs?

Comment

Working...
                                X