No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going tonight..should be there around 5:45 right after the water plant. If anyone wants to pair up let me know. I will most likely be the only one there. I drive a white Durango. I walk/ride bike and hunt all the way in by the big pond.

And I will put you on hogs. Getting a shot is the hard part LOL

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      Going tonight..should be there around 5:45 right after the water plant. If anyone wants to pair up let me know. I will most likely be the only one there. I drive a white Durango. I walk/ride bike and hunt all the way in by the big pond.

And I will put you on hogs. Getting a shot is the hard part LOL
      River Rat....l et me know how you did, thats were I was planning on going early in the mourning. I hope the rain starts overnight

Comment

Saw pigs twice and a single big hog once. Full draw on the first little group of 25lbers out in the open but a loner in the weeds saw me and they all scattered.

All sightings were right before dark. Nothing during light hours until that last 15 minutes form 8-8:15

Comment

Can you give us a referance position where you saw them, off of the photos on page one of this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by NightStalker View Post
            Can you give us a referance position where you saw them, off of the photos on page one of this thread?
            no

Comment

Just playing LOL... I prefer to not give up my spot just yet. It's no secret but I have about another week of hunting. And you can tell when other people hunt the area. The pigs hid LOL. If no one has been there for a couple days the pigs are everywhere.

I will take you out there and show you though. You ready?

Comment

Wanting to go out to granger...But keep hearing their is no wild hogs????? Is this true?? Or just away to keep people away from the jack-pot

Comment

The more the hunters post about all the pigs out there the harder it is going to be on the regular hunters. Kind of like fishing. Dont post about your best spot. I wish yall would chase the pigs bout a 1.5 miles to the north east. I have 1k that need some more hogs on it.

Comment

Originally posted by NightStalker View Post
                    lol

Comment

Originally posted by HEAVY View Post
                      Wanting to go out to granger...But keep hearing their is no wild hogs????? Is this true?? Or just away to keep people away from the jack-pot

There are no pigs at Granger. We post and say there are hogs there to keep people away from the real hunting areas.

hunting Granger is no joke. Anyone who says it's easy is full of BS. It took me 20+ trips and tons of walking miles and miles to semi-figure them out.

And now the season is changing and I'm losing them LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by riverrat1 View Post
                        there are no pigs at granger. We post and say there are hogs there to keep people away from the real hunting areas.

Hunting granger is no joke. Anyone who says it's easy is full of bs. It took me 20+ trips and tons of walking miles and miles to semi-figure them out.

And now the season is changing and i'm losing them lol.
                        x1000 lol....you defintely got to put in your legwork....

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                          There are no pigs at Granger. We post and say there are hogs there to keep people away from the real hunting areas.

hunting Granger is no joke. Anyone who says it's easy is full of BS. It took me 20+ trips and tons of walking miles and miles to semi-figure them out.

And now the season is changing and I'm losing them LOL.
                          You only put 20+ trips in..... man I swear it was a 100 at least till I "THOUGHT" I had them figured out. There is more walking involved than I can even express, but once you get to know the lay of the land and have several spots that you've seen pigs ( I have many that I hit each time I'm out ) it gets a little easier. It takes alot of time. They are out there, and if you hear that they have have moved out of an area and no one has seen any, don't worry, they will return, sometimes it seems like overnight.

Comment

So are you ready to go? I'm heading out in an hour or so. Will be great or really bad LOL

Did you see any torn up areas Crod? I baited 3 holes out Wed evening, one by the pond, one right on the side of the road.

Comment

I went below the dam yesterday mourning. I was gonna hunt the PC had it been raining but the rain started later in the afternoon. I saw 5 below the dam, they were bedded next to one of the fields on the southside and actually ran thru the spillway, up the hill and over to the north area. I crossed over to get on them but they stayed ahead of me and I lost them. Got on another group before dark on the northside, almost had a shot but I couldnt get thru one of the ditches to get into range. At the time I saw them they were 68 yards, just couldnt close to at least 50. I saw them at 5:05 till 5:45 or so.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by HEAVY View Post
                                Spot and stalk the wooded creeks there are plenty of hogs to go around..
                                just be prepared they run fast!!

Comment

Working...
                                X