"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
    Had it Jan. 7th. They cut my left peck up near my collar bone in half, sewed it up and I feel pretty good. I pulled my bow back for the first time yesterday and I could feel it, but I think I'll be able to hunt. Either way, I'll run with yall if I can't shoot. I can always be the hog brush buster and head 'em yalls way. If there are any stray piglets I can jump on em and put them in a sack.
    Ouch...

Comment

Decided to come check it out...I'm parked at gate 6 right now, and I'm gonna walk on out to the west and then down to the water to try and stir em up...wish me luck...it's hotter than all get out with these long sleeves I decided to wear.

Comment

Gonna be hotter pulling a hog back in long sleeves

Hey Cheif - found out today that there is a senior cheif and master cheif. So you are just a baby chieif right?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	24167883New monster chill ready to eat on some granger hog. Ill be out tomorrow!!!
          Last edited by Archer23; 02-08-2013, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
            [ATTACH]454664[/ATTACH]New monster chill ready to eat on some granger hog. Ill be out tomorrow!!!
            What time you going out tomorrow? I might be back out too, and it would be nice to walk this area with someone who knows it...if you dont mind.

Comment

I don't know yet. What time works best for you? I am itching for and early morning hunt but really like my sleep on my days off lol. Let me know what's works beat for you

Comment

Pm me your phone number. I dont have enough posts yet to send a pm to you

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                  and we eat trout
                  His wife catches more fish than he does. Just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by Wildman View Post
                    Gonna be hotter pulling a hog back in long sleeves

Hey Cheif - found out today that there is a senior cheif and master cheif. So you are just a baby chieif right?
                    Yessir, just a Chief, E7, Senior Chief, E8, Master Chief, E9 , but i wouldn't call myself a baby anything......lol

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                      [ATTACH]454664[/ATTACH]New monster chill ready to eat on some granger hog. Ill be out tomorrow!!!
                      man that is a nice looking bow!!!!!!!!!!need to get some blood on it!!!!

Comment

My Friday just turned into a MONDAY real quick...walked about half a million miles through Granger today and saw plenty of deer, but no pork...no big deal, it was still nice to be in the woods...but on the way home, my transfer case cracks and literally would be laying on the road if it wasn't resting on the frame of my truck...time to dip into savings and get this beast healthy again...good luck to all of you who go out this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by porkstalker View Post
                          My Friday just turned into a MONDAY real quick...walked about half a million miles through Granger today and saw plenty of deer, but no pork...no big deal, it was still nice to be in the woods...but on the way home, my transfer case cracks and literally would be laying on the road if it wasn't resting on the frame of my truck...time to dip into savings and get this beast healthy again...good luck to all of you who go out this weekend.
                          sorry to hear this, if i was in Taylor i could have helped you!!!!where do you live and how ARE you making it home???

Comment

just FYI, to all the newbies on this specific forum, i always have better luck right before dark at granger, even though i have hunted a few early mornings out there in my lifetime, that place just seems to come alive right at dark!!!!!!and it's no fun to hunt alone way back in there, kind of creepy around dark thirty.........besides if you are fortunate enough to stick a pig and retrieve it, u need someone to help get it back to the truck.........wal-mart mountain bike and a makeshift deercart trailer....if your hunting back by the primative camp

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                              sorry to hear this, if i was in Taylor i could have helped you!!!!where do you live and how ARE you making it home???
                              Thanks for the thoughts...had a tow truck pick up the truck, and my wife came to scoop me up. Luckily when it happened I was only a few miles from home and I was within walking distance to a bbq joint that sells ice cold brew!

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                                just FYI, to all the newbies on this specific forum, i always have better luck right before dark at granger, even though i have hunted a few early mornings out there in my lifetime, that place just seems to come alive right at dark!!!!!!and it's no fun to hunt alone way back in there, kind of creepy around dark thirty.........besides if you are fortunate enough to stick a pig and retrieve it, u need someone to help get it back to the truck.........wal-mart mountain bike and a makeshift deercart trailer....if your hunting back by the primative camp
                                I've had pretty decent luck early in the mornings hunting near the private land. I've caught several pigs moving back to bed. The bad thing is I love my sleep when I can sleep in and it is always a little creepy walking into the PC at dark in the AM lol

Comment

Working...
                                X