No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone on here ever hunt by the dam? my buddy hunted out there a few years back and had some luck, but not sure if it's still a good spot to try and stalk pigs. any feedback would be great!

Comment

Originally posted by porkstalker View Post
      anyone on here ever hunt by the dam? my buddy hunted out there a few years back and had some luck, but not sure if it's still a good spot to try and stalk pigs. any feedback would be great!
      The dam is dead. The landowner to the north of the dam has trapped most of them. Pretty sad there was a good population out there

Comment

brothers i think i got some poison ivy lol $%!ts killin me haha

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
          Number 3 crappie lake in the State, as per the TX SPORTSMANS MAG, FEB ISSUE, also one of the best white bass rivers in the state is the san gabriel river in february, my best friend caught his limit on white bass today!!! Definately one of or if not the best catfish lake in th State, I came home on vacation last april and in one week we caught 200 pounds of blues, channels, and flatheads, mostly on trot lines but alot where on fresh cut shad(rod&reel)....i live on this lake during the early spring from feb to aug.....so if anyone says the fishing is not good, needs to come with me for a day , but i am one of the guys that grew up fishing it since the 80's. hog hunting is the best at granger in Dec,Jan,Feb then it's time to pick up the fishing pole.
          If I were to target whites & crappie next weekend at grxh, what would you suggest using? I ain't skeered throwing 1/4 oz beetle spins or dunking live minnows. I love fishing with ultralights but also love watching a couple corks while enjoying a cold beverage.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
            They ran east through the fields and down along the old logging road head east of the parking area.
            There's an old logging road?

Comment

any one been out to #5 lately

Comment

Originally posted by gbeard View Post
                There's an old logging road?
                Logging road, ORV trail whatever it's called. I know I found a dead cow out there on the road I was walking on a few years back, notified the game warden and got to ride back with the sheriffs dept on the 4 wheeler to look at the cow and make sure it wasn't shot by a hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                  If I were to target whites & crappie next weekend at grxh, what would you suggest using? I ain't skeered throwing 1/4 oz beetle spins or dunking live minnows. I love fishing with ultralights but also love watching a couple corks while enjoying a cold beverage.
                  white road runner with red head, blue or silver or combo of blue silver small rattle trap, My go to for everything is white road runner with red head if the fish are not biting

Comment

Yeah it happens from time to time. A friend of mine has had several cows with arrows stuck in them over the years.

Comment

Yeah it happens from time to time. A friend of mine has had several cows with arrows stuck in them over the years.
                      No way... People actually do that?? Wow

Comment

No way... People actually do that?? Wow
                        more like WHY??

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                          Russell, did you have your surgery yet.r u just gonna fish this year?

Comment

Originally posted by unionmade482 View Post
                            more like WHY??
                            True!!

Just have to say it....ill have my new mathews chill tomorrow. Can't wait. Want to get out and shoot a hog so bad but have to work tomorrow
                            Killin me

Comment

True!!

Just have to say it....ill have my new mathews chill tomorrow. Can't wait. Want to get out and shoot a hog so bad but have to work tomorrow
                              Killin me
                              damm the luck,that bow needs some blood on it

Comment

One of the best blue cat lakes there is.
                                There IS a catfish tournament on the lake the weekend of GRXH.

Comment

Working...
                                X