No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have bunches of hogs in San Antonio but can't hunt them.

Comment

anyone go out this weekend? Im heading out tomarrow

Comment

Did last Saturday. No luck. I might go there again tomorrow, depend on the weather and my errands.

Comment

Went Friday night but it was bad, bad.. Slow as ever. Maybe a few people hit the area Friday morning or something and ran them all off?

Comment

Crod, did you make it out?

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
              Crod, did you make it out?
              Not this mourning.... wanted to sleep in... thinkin about going tonight

Comment

Can anyone tell me how you get registered to hunt in Grainger? I live in Liberty Hill which is about 10 minutes from Georgetown and wouldl love to hunt there if I can. Any help would be much appreciated

Comment

If you are trying to hunt hogs you just need to go to any place that sells a hunting license and purchase an Annual Public Hunting Permit it will cost you $48. TPW will then send you a booklet with information on what lands you can hunt. Look up Granger WMA and follow the rules and you'll be good to go. It might take a little while for you to get your booklet so if you are wanting to go right away just look it up at www.tpwd.state.tx.us

Comment

Originally posted by ol hard horn View Post
                    If you are trying to hunt hogs you just need to go to any place that sells a hunting license and purchase an Annual Public Hunting Permit it will cost you $48. TPW will then send you a booklet with information on what lands you can hunt. Look up Granger WMA and follow the rules and you'll be good to go. It might take a little while for you to get your booklet so if you are wanting to go right away just look it up at www.tpwd.state.tx.us
                    Thanks for the help! I just bought my bow a few weeks ago. It is nothing like the bows you guys shoot. It is a Mission Eliminator by matthews. I know as much about bow hunting as I do the chinese alphabet. I can say after I shot a buddy of mine's bow I sure can't put mine down. Any tips would be much appreciated

Comment

Get bow shooting tips in the "Around the campfire" section.

Granger hog hunting tips here on this thread. Not sure but I would think a lot of people are about done with the heat coming on, grass getting tall, and ticks,chiggers, and other biting bugs getting worse by the day out there.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        Get bow shooting tips in the "Around the campfire" section.

Granger hog hunting tips here on this thread. Not sure but I would think a lot of people are about done with the heat coming on, grass getting tall, and ticks,chiggers, and other biting bugs getting worse by the day out there.
                        Really good hunting happens out there during the summer. Any USED watering area will be good but do some scouting and make sure the sign is fresh, they usually dont bed far from the wallows. Make sure your wind is good also. I hunted during the summer last year, just before dark and had hogs move to several wallows almost every night, bad thing is it's hard to stay still, and it's hard to see them in places when the grass gets tall. OH and watch out for snakes, I try and stay out of the woods and hunt areas that I can see dirt or lower grass when Im walking.

Comment

Anyone want to go Friday? I need someone to go with. I'm pretty sure my friend Mark can not go this weekend. I'm going tomorrow to put out a trail sample of Hog Draw as a little test and need to check/hunt it Friday evening.

PM me if you want to go. A bike will be useful.

Comment

Chris;
                            Maybe some stink bait in a wet spot would work.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                              Chris;
                              Maybe some stink bait in a wet spot would work.
                              IM going Thursday again. Sounds like the weather Thursday will be perfect. Rain and wind.
                              Anyone wanna meet up? Ill be at the circle drive near the water treatment plant 45 minutes before sunrise.

Comment

Gotta work. I'll get some nasty corn started maybe I'll be able to come up soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X