No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of smells that hogs can detect, how do you guys get ready before head to Granger? For me, I don't bath for next 24 hours prior to hunting. Clothes... that's other matter that worries me. For the blind, I just leave it outside and let the weather take care of it.

Comment

Wash with hunter soap prior to heading up. It is a 2 1/2 hour drive. Use scent eliminator spray before heading into the woods. Day two, scent eliminator spray on clothes and head out. Keep the wind in your face and it doesn't much matter.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
        Those pics were BEFORE Hillcountrybowhunter started hunting Granger because now...

There are no pigs at Granger.
        Attached Files

Comment

I see blood wheres the hog.

Comment

Darn boy, you backed into one!!! Man that is hard core.

Comment

Anyone plan hunting this weekend?

Comment

Unfortunity not till Monday. I will be going below the dam. It was this time last year that I took a nice boar along the spillway while wallowing

Comment

Originally posted by bluenavigator View Post
                  Anyone plan hunting this weekend?
                  me me me!!!

This evening I hope. Early Sat would be better but I can go tonight I think.

Comment

Where exactly is this? I have heard about it a couple of times from people just chatting about it. Is anybody allowed to go? Cost? I think it would be a good time and seems like everybody enjoys it.

Comment

Originally posted by zcole04 View Post
                      Where exactly is this? I have heard about it a couple of times from people just chatting about it. Is anybody allowed to go? Cost? I think it would be a good time and seems like everybody enjoys it.

If you hunt in Three Rivers just stay there LOL. Granger has no hogs.

IMO it would not be worth your drive from Lockhart to Granger(east of Georgetown).

I love the Three Rivers area. Do you happen to be close to the Nueces River? Thats where I became a river rat.

Comment

Originally posted by zcole04 View Post
                        It is East of Georgetown and gets hunted hard year round. If you have a place close to home that would be a better beat.

Comment

Good time to go hunting right now! Perfect overcast weather

Comment

Originally posted by bluenavigator View Post
                            Good time to go hunting right now! Perfect overcast weather
                            I agreeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                              I agreeeeeeeeeeeeee.
                              X2

Break out the bows boyz.
                              I'm stuck here cutting Cedar and fire wood.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                                If you hunt in Three Rivers just stay there LOL. Granger has no hogs.

IMO it would not be worth your drive from Lockhart to Granger(east of Georgetown).

I love the Three Rivers area. Do you happen to be close to the Nueces River? Thats where I became a river rat.
                                I'm actually on the Northside of Three Rivers by about 5 miles. We have tons of hogs.

Comment

Working...
                                X