"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CARNAGE68 View Post
    How was your hunt? Did you guys see some hogs? I heard a lot of shotgun shots close to you.
    I was the other guy with jkuroski1973 - nice to have "met" you, hehe

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
    I've been over by the water treatment plant and walked all the way to the primitive campground. Alot of old sign but I think they are on the private land on that side of the river. The new trails they cut seem like they'd be good to walk in the morning if the sign supported it
    Good meeting you too, man!

Comment

I havent been out to Granger in a while and just getting caught up on the forum. Sounds like some folks have been having some decent success! Good to see. Last time out, I know myself and paintman couldnt find anything.

Can someone fill me in on the spot where jkuroski1973 killed those pigs by the pop up blind? As cold as it has been in the mornings, i wouldnt mind staying a little bit warmer in a blind, and it sounds like a great spot. Dont worry - ill be sure to wear by blaze orange and bring corn! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Austinhunter30 View Post
        I havent been out to Granger in a while and just getting caught up on the forum. Sounds like some folks have been having some decent success! Good to see. Last time out, I know myself and paintman couldnt find anything.

Can someone fill me in on the spot where jkuroski1973 killed those pigs by the pop up blind? As cold as it has been in the mornings, i wouldnt mind staying a little bit warmer in a blind, and it sounds like a great spot. Dont worry - ill be sure to wear by blaze orange and bring corn! :-)
        That blind has since been removed (hopefully by its owner ), and the spot where it was located is now underwater, due to lake level increase since the last rain.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
          That blind has since been removed (hopefully by its owner ), and the spot where it was located is now underwater, due to lake level increase since the last rain.
          Yep! Sucks when you do all the work packing corn in and spend the time and money for other people to come out there and hunt it!!

Comment

Re: "OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Originally posted by huntnfishtex View Post
            Yep! Sucks when you do all the work packing corn in and spend the time and money for other people to come out there and hunt it!!
            Wow, get over it man. We found it while putting in the miles. Not like we got gps cords and walked right in to hunt "your" spot. I guess the owners of the 5 or so treestands I have ran across should complain too. We put in 15 miles this weekend alone. How about you?

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
              Wow, get over it man. We found it while putting in the miles. Not like we got gps cords and walked right in to hunt "your" spot. I guess the owners of the 5 or so treestands I have ran across should complain too. We put in 15 miles this weekend alone. How about you?
              He made a comment about the stand being removed and I said yea and gave a reason. Did you hunt their treestands like yall hunted my blind and feeder? If you did they have every right to say somethin as well. It's sorry and you just don't hunt other peoples set ups. I have ran across many many spots out there that have feeders and stands that I would love to hunt but do I climb in their blind or hunt by their feeder?! Hell no I don't I have more respect than that. Guess some people don't. And as far as miles out there your funny! I have hunted out there for years and have pretty much covered every unit out there from below the dam all the way to 95. So you can give that a rest and come up with somethin else to say. It's all public land and anybody can hunt anywhere but you can tell who has respect for other peoples stuff and the time and effort they put in to get it out yhere.

Comment

GRANGER HOG HUNTING EXPOSED! ;-)

Best advice, is to put in the mileage. Hog move all the time and a good spot one day may suck the next. The spot you just walked could have hogs an hour later. Anywhere with good cover close to water is game.

Comment

Originally posted by huntnfishtex View Post
                  He made a comment about the stand being removed and I said yea and gave a reason. Did you hunt their treestands like yall hunted my blind and feeder? If you did they have every right to say somethin as well. It's sorry and you just don't hunt other peoples set ups. I have ran across many many spots out there that have feeders and stands that I would love to hunt but do I climb in their blind or hunt by their feeder?! Hell no I don't I have more respect than that. Guess some people don't. And as far as miles out there your funny! I have hunted out there for years and have pretty much covered every unit out there from below the dam all the way to 95. So you can give that a rest and come up with somethin else to say. It's all public land and anybody can hunt anywhere but you can tell who has respect for other peoples stuff and the time and effort they put in to get it out yhere.
                  I acknowledged that sitting in/by your stand was a bad call, and of course don't do it every time we find a setup. We were resting after a long walk more than anything and did not see or shoot anything under or within 100 yrds of your feeder.

Comment

That sucks that the lake came up, anyone remember where another one of those feeders were? I have always perfered ground blinds to tree stands - those can get pretty dangerous after a few drinks!

I have walked a ton out there too, mostly on the trails. First time i didnt have good hiking boots on and paid for it in blisters. Did anyone find that camp last year? From the looks of it, someone had been living out there overnight.

Comment

dont drop my name,ive NEVER hunted with your sorry ***,i havnt even been to granger since the grxh last year

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
                        dont drop my name,ive NEVER hunted with your sorry ***,i havnt even been to granger since the grxh last year
                        That's funny..

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                          That's funny..
                          You remember him talking about bringing a 30 30 hunting at granger last year.now hes claiming to hunt with me.not funny to me cris i dont wanna get a bad reputation. Guess if you didnt remember him it would be funny right out of the blue

Comment

ah that dude, I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
                              You remember him talking about bringing a 30 30 hunting at granger last year.now hes claiming to hunt with me.not funny to me cris i dont wanna get a bad reputation. Guess if you didnt remember him it would be funny right out of the blue
                              I remember now.... Agreed. Don't need to have your name attached to that. Can't wait to see yah at the ranger hunt

Comment

Ya me and grinder will be there for sure

Comment

Working...
                                X