Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need some strong backs and scythes.

Comment

Went there last Saturday morning to dove hunt, but only few doves were flying at sorefinger. So decided to do some scouting just in case I get drawn for WT deer postcard hunt. There are a lot of ticks out. Saw a lot of fresh trail, rubs, and even scrapes. Scared a big buck bedding in the tall grass. Brought my xbow just in case I see hogs but there no hogs at Granger.

Comment

you must be mistaken sorefinger has no pigs or deer! wish you didnt have to walk a mile to get in there...

Comment

there are plenty of ticks! Pretty sure I have one of the diseases from a tick. Need to go get it checked. But read some dr dont even know how to check and give false negative results. Only reason i have not gone. i need to find a good one that knows so I dont find out I have lymes 10 years from now and cant do anything about cause its too late.

Anyone else have some bad reactions to the tick bites at granger?

Comment

Good lord I have never seen it so thick out here!!! Gona be a lot harder this year to get on the pigs with as much cover as they have out here. All the trails are overgrown and some of the bloodweeds are already 10 ft tall. The hogs are still around and are having a field day out there it looks like. tons of sign everywhere. Skeeters and ticks are thick! Watch out!!!!

Comment

Dang that is thick! Yep used to have it pretty nice out there!
              Maybe it will go back to the old days and run off some of the lazy bowhunters.

Yea, I still read this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildman View Post
                Maybe it will go back to the old days and run off some of the lazy bowhunters.

Yea, I still read this thread.
                Agreed, I havent hunted it as long as most of the old timers but 10 years ago it wasnt "cush" it was good old tough hunting and alot less pressure because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by huntnfishtex View Post
                  you must be mistaken sorefinger has no pigs or deer! wish you didnt have to walk a mile to get in there...
                  I was scouting at 6 and 7.

Comment

Sounds like I need to bring a hang on stand for the blood weed/trees, maybe alot less walking to find pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                      there are plenty of ticks! Pretty sure I have one of the diseases from a tick. Need to go get it checked. But read some dr dont even know how to check and give false negative results. Only reason i have not gone. i need to find a good one that knows so I dont find out I have lymes 10 years from now and cant do anything about cause its too late.

Anyone else have some bad reactions to the tick bites at granger?
                      I ran into the same problem this spring, after getting bit and a bullseye type rash i was sure i had lyme disease (but no flu-like symptoms). anyway the doc really didn't know but sent me for blood tests which confirmed i was disease free

Comment

Did our last dove hunt today. No joy again. We did kick around some and found an old forgotten stand still hanging on a tree along the river. I can remember hunting that spot years ago. Never saw anything there but it always looked promising.

No ticks TTL.

Comment

Imagine there are several old stands hanging on Granger. There is One up past "The Spot" that the tree has grown around.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                            Imagine there are several old stands hanging on Granger. There is One up past "The Spot" that the tree has grown around.
                            If I wasn't so old and fat I crawl up in one when I'm out there.

Comment

I probably would not trust anyting that I had not put up. Ladders are a bit different.

Comment

Went out this morning. Saw a few does and some hog sign. Looks like they have moved from the spot that I was consistently seeing them at though. Can't wait till it gets cooler. Had a decent trail to walk down though. Doesn't look like it was hit with a mower, but it was just wide enough to walk down. Sure helped me stay dry for the first part of the hunt not having to drudge through the chest high weeds covered in morning dew.

Comment

Working...
                                X