X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have an idea about ^^^
    ??

Comment

I am not sure where the break is from no hunting to OK. I always hike in with an arrow ready for personal protection.

Comment

I thought is was 100 yards from park boundary. Always thought the park was the park. Then looking at the map the whole trail up to and including the PC is shaded green like all the other park sections. However I have been in a rifle blind to take a break that was .25 mile maybe from PC. Just thought about it while dove hunting out there and looked up the map and that is when it dawned on me the whole trail is in green.

Comment

Call and ask.

Comment

Will do. I have the GW for the area phone number. Pretty stupid of me, I should of just called while i was out there in stead of leaveing. DOH!

I have one spot open on my post card if anyone needs to get on one pm me.

Comment

The trail was laid out along the river in D.

If you've been down to the gravel pit and the crescent moon lake southeast of the primitive camp ground you've probably seen the footbridge for the trail.

Area D East entrance.

Park at the red gate near the pink house across the street from Clayton Young's airplane hangers and walk in there.

Do not go all the way down to the latrines to go in on the trail to hunt. Stay up top.

Starting at the red gate.

You are not allowed to hunt until you go west along the fence, down the gully, right on the water treatment plant gravel road, thru the gate on the left where the cable fence starts then keep going along the fence past the house where the dog barks at you then a sharp right again along the boundary fence, down the hill, left thru the gully and up the hill and then you can start hunting.

Please do not hunt anywhere near the houses. You might get reported and spoil it for all of us.

Or so Johnny used to say.

There are a few good traditional hog hidyholes along that road down to the primitive camp. Just use you nose.

That area is one of my favorites.
              Last edited by Mister Bubba's bulletman; 09-11-2012, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Finally got the go ahead from the surgeon to test out my new knee. Nostradenis and I went dove hunting down in B along the spillway then over into E for a while.

Heard one hog and saw about 10 deer.

Saw a few bird but no joy.

I can say we really were spoiled to have Johnny in charge of the place. Every road we walked was overgrown and full of beggars lice. He really made the place an easy hunt for us old coggers.

Should have brought the bow.
                Attached Files

Comment

Dang that is thick! Yep used to have it pretty nice out there!

Comment

Mr. Caffey is missed!!!

Comment

MBB, run up and down those roads and knock it down a bit, please.

Comment

That's nothing compared to what I had to walk through last week I went out. I found myself surrounded by 7 foot tall grass weeds. Fields and fields. I finally had to just plow straight threw it for about 100 yards. It was kind of freaky considering that I could have walked right up on a family of hogs or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                          MBB, run up and down those roads and knock it down a bit, please.
                          Man we need to get some of these young bucks to do the running. Clean the hogs too.

Comment

Yeah but if we fall and roll it knocks more down than the skinny younguns.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                              Yeah but if we fall and roll it knocks more down than the skinny younguns.
                              Fall? Lord who's gonna help me up ha ha ha!!

Them young bucks will just laugh and keep going. Us aged dudes will have to stick together.

We'll show em how to get it done.

Comment

my buddy went out to our usual stomping grounds out there and said there is no more trails at all! everything was 4 to 5 ft on them

Comment

Working...
                                X