Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no sir not yet

Comment

Calling all Rangers.... I know I am just a nasty private however....

Anyone be up for a GRXH in the fall. Say maybe during dove season Bacon and jalapenos are added to the list of things that can be brought. Those are just seasonings anyhow right.

Comment

I never go anyway cause ain't no sense in starving. I gotta eat every few hours or I get sick and shaky then grumpy. The chances of me shooting something that quick are slim.

Comment

Man I am stoked for dove season this year. I had lasik early in the year and I can actually see the dove. Not just see a dark bird wizz by. I am good at skeet... if only dove were bright orange and flew in the direction I am looking. 19 days and I will be running around flinging ticks off myself, and eating bacon wrapped dove hanging out in a hammock. Life will be good.

Comment

Im trying to find out about hunting over there at granger can you tell me what I need to do?

Comment

Dove Hunting Granger: Hunting license, public lands permit, wear orange vest and cap, and go. Best hunting is along the edge of treelines. I usually get a couple, but be warned, the birds are widely spread out. Don't plan on getting a limit. But hey, you can hunt birds and scout for hogs at the same time!

Comment

Hoping GRXH will be in Feb again. Maybe a couple pre-hunts in Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by NightStalker View Post
                  Dove Hunting Granger: Hunting license, public lands permit, wear orange vest and cap, and go. Best hunting is along the edge of treelines. I usually get a couple, but be warned, the birds are widely spread out. Don't plan on getting a limit. But hey, you can hunt birds and scout for hogs at the same time!
                  No need for orange when dove hunting.

Comment

Red, The Recruiter, Mr. Bubba, and Johnny and his 4 wheeler

Since I've been stuck at home healing for the last two week from my 6th knee surgery I was going through some old photos of Granger WMA hunts and found these.

I hope I haven't posted them before but.....

This was one of the old shotgun hog hunts and on the last morning I had shot a nice sow way down on one of the points in E at the last minute. We had called Johnny and he said come on in, check out and he'd bring the 4 wheeler and drag it out for us.

Cool. Of all the time we hunted and volunteered out there he never broke out his prized possession for us. We finally made the ring of honor.

The Recruiter and I were both pushing 230 and the sow was almost as big as us. The Recruiter and Red were really dreading a mile drag back to the truck in the parking lot. We wouldn't have done it. That thing would have been field butchered.

Ahh the old glory days. Please forgive my reminiscing. I'm getting cabin fever bad.
                    Attached Files

Comment

great pics and story

Comment

damm tommy,and koonce still look the same,johnny roy is diffently missed out at the ole mudhole.

Comment

would like to go hog hunt but dont no anything about the area

Comment

Originally posted by creeping death View Post
                            damm tommy,and koonce still look the same,johnny roy is diffently missed out at the ole mudhole.
                            Sure is missed. Koonce called this morning. Said he was out elk hunting. Be nice to have some elk out at Granger.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyterry View Post
                              would like to go hog hunt but dont no anything about the area
                              Pigs almost everywhere. Primitive camp great for extended stays. Both sides of the river down from the RR bridge are OK. Below #7 is good, that is all I have hunted.

Comment

hey folks - dove season started the other day. Anyone been trying their luck. I got 6 on Saturday... nothing great but kept it interesting. I walked around during the hot part of the day and scouted some looking for hogs, saw some tracks and some spots that look good. I might sit on a few of them next time im out there when the doves arent flying.

Anyone ever do much trapping? I have a bunch of old spring type traps I was thinking about setting along some of the game trails I saw on Saturday. Might be good for taking a few coons or foxes. Anyone know if you are just trapping and not hunting, if blaze orange is required?

Comment

Working...
                                X