• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd sunday at Granger over the last month
    3rd time to see hogs
    2nd time to get a shot
    2nd time to miss
    If you need me I will be in the backyard practicing. Tired of misses.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
      Gallon of water with a cup of Chlorox mixed in, wash/rub down with it after a trip to the chigger woods. Than shower it off, good medicine.
      I've also heard that sprinkling some elemental sulfur in your boots helps keep the chiggers away. Never tried it myself so I don't know if it's just an old wives tale.

Comment

New to the site. Im gonna be heading out to granger this weekend. Sounds like the places to be are #6 #7 and pecan grove. any tips on which one might be the best to try first?

Comment

Originally posted by mojorider View Post
          I've also heard that sprinkling some elemental sulfur in your boots helps keep the chiggers away. Never tried it myself so I don't know if it's just an old wives tale.
          Saw this two years ago dove hunting with some TBH'ers in Dallas and it works. Take some Sevin dust and put it in a tube sock. Store it in a large ziplock baggie and when you get to hunting spot take it out and bang the sock against your pant leg and boots. Has worked for me every time so far.

Comment

Can anyone tell me the process to apply for drawn deer hunts at Granger? Apologies if the question seems remedial, but all I've ever hunted there is hogs. I tried to find the info on the TDPW site but the links are down.

Any help is sincerely appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by chevota View Post
              New to the site. Im gonna be heading out to granger this weekend. Sounds like the places to be are #6 #7 and pecan grove. any tips on which one might be the best to try first?

6 and 7 are always good choices and I'm hearing good things about Pecan Grove. I'll tell you, avoid 9--it's a complete jungle!

Comment

Originally posted by mojorider View Post
                Can anyone tell me the process to apply for drawn deer hunts at Granger? Apologies if the question seems remedial, but all I've ever hunted there is hogs. I tried to find the info on the TDPW site but the links are down.

Any help is sincerely appreciated.
                How it has been done in the past is you apply for it the same way to apply for any other tpwd draw hunt. The booklets are available in the summer time, you go through there, follow directions, pick which hunts to want to try and be drawn for, mail it in and hope you get drawn. It should be online. I know the entire booklet was online last summer.

There are a few threads on tbh about draw hunts as well.

Comment

Ive been to granger once but that was like 12 years ago. We didnt see anything. This time ive been doing my research. Ill stick to 6 & 7 and pecan grove. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Ive been to granger once but that was like 12 years ago. We didnt see anything. This time ive been doing my research. Ill stick to 6 & 7 and pecan grove. Thanks for the feedback.
                    Dont rule anything out. Put in the boot leather and you never know what you will find. THese are hogs, they are everywhere.

Comment

Yeah I agree with that. Im hoping to find atleast 1!

Comment

Well we didnt see much on both sides of the river. It was dark when we saw the 3 pigs that we did. And came home with a total of 6 ticks on us. That grass is too tall!

Comment

Lots of good pork

Comment

Plan on going out and digging some holes with post hole diggers and pouring some soured corn in them then going back in a week and staking out

Comment

Plan on going out and digging some holes with post hole diggers and pouring some soured corn in them then going back in a week and staking out
                              The Ticks and the snakes keep me outa there this time of year. Post up close to the thickest most wet stuff you can and youll find them. The Spill-way south of the Dam is a good place for the summer hogs.

Good Luck

Need any info let me know

Comment

Thanks for the tip i'll have to venture that way the next time I go out there. And yeah I saw 2, 4 or 5 foot long snakes on saturday up by the dam.

Comment

Working...
                                X