No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice picts of the hogs? What county is that?

Comment

Anybody having any luck out there lately? Thinking about hitting up the primitive campground with my kayak this weekend, don't know if I should take the bow and hunt for pigs, or just paddle around and fish. Thoughts? Anybody else headed up there this weekend?

Also, does anybody know if there are any fish in either of those ponds on the the other side of the field behind the primitive campground?

Either way, I'll let everybody know how I do.

Comment

no fish in those worth eating, carp and gar!!!

Comment

I've seen boats in there but don't know about the fish.

Comment

Pretty sure both of those ponds dried up this summer. Might have some luck in the river....

Comment

Heard the river is pretty skinny too.

Comment

river gage says the river is flowing at 2 cubic feet per second, that is pretty tiny, even for a kayak

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                  Anybody having any luck out there lately? Thinking about hitting up the primitive campground with my kayak this weekend, don't know if I should take the bow and hunt for pigs, or just paddle around and fish. Thoughts? Anybody else headed up there this weekend?

Also, does anybody know if there are any fish in either of those ponds on the the other side of the field behind the primitive campground?

Either way, I'll let everybody know how I do.
                  they are both dry right now. river is lookin pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Granger455 View Post
                    they are both dry right now. river is lookin pretty bad.
                    Dang...was thinkin' I'd make the drive up there and hunt that area right soon here, but if the springs/ponds are all dried up I'd have to figure out a whole new strategy - that was my favorite haunt for all of last year over all the other spots I'd tried got 2 pigs offa those things last summer. The hike in from Comanche Bluffs in the heat was a killer, but it was worth it then. I haven't got clue #1 what to do if all the wallows & water holes are dried up...hmmm....

Comment

That would make the wet spots precious and finding one would be a honey hole. Id Tradbow, hope to head up in Jan want to share a ride. I camp in a hammock.
                      Last edited by Wudstix; 11-30-2011, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                        That would make the wet spots precious and finding one would be a honey hole.
                        That aint right.....

So this weekend it is going to rainy, cold, and nasty. Who else wants to go camp and hunt all weekend?

Comment

I used to hunt granger a few years ago for hogs and I believe we went in around 7 and carried in a jon boat and went upstream toward the lake and there was something like a high water island the water went around and we floated across and sat over those big sloughs or washes killed tons of giant hogs there with my recurve

Comment

Need to get the Generals together to pick a date for GRXH, 2012. Somebody send up the "hog" signal in the sky or call em on the red phone.

Comment

Rally the troops and circle the wagons. GRXH 2012 here we come.

Comment

Can we hunt pigs at Granger right now?

Comment

Working...
                                X