No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

been gone too long, but now I'm back and gettin' the rust off my shootin' form so I can get back in the toolies out at Granger...glad to see y'all (mostly) are still here on the site ...catchin' up now

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
      Funny man with your jokes. Go ahead. Rub a little salt in the wound before it has even begun to heal. Next time you camp with me you will notice bright orange cordage tied to all my gear. Or it being bright orange. I have left or misplaced more stuff at granger than anywhere ever. Or it jumps out of the kayak. And it is only granger this happens. As if there is a granger gear curse. To date I had a 5 inch cold steel voyager disappear after a fishing trip, I have had a leather man jump out of my wader chest pocket and into to the river, and last and my most expensive item donated to granger was my bending branches kayak paddle. That one still hurts. Funnt thing is I have never lost and arrow. Maybe that is a sad thing.
      Mike; notice my following comment. That is my greatest fear to drive away with something I consider important laying on the ground or in the woods. Have been lucky so far with the Granger goblins not taking any of my stuff. Sorry if you felt I was poking fun at you.

Comment

Idaho Tradbow, we may have to get together for a trip to Granger.

Comment

Man hate to disappoint you but they will surly take a back pack left in the woods. They will even help themselfs to your ice chest in your truck bed. And I met one dude that had his bow and case taken out of his truck while he was dove hunting.
          Mike is right. Lock it and hide it, if you want to keep it yours. Too many folks know that a parked truck will be unattended for a long time. I even had a few beers taken from my cooler at primitive camp when I hunted there solo once. At leat they did not take them all.

Comment

I accidentally left it next to the boat ramp as I was loading my canoe into the back of my truck. It was around 11pm, so it was dark and I just simply forgot it. No one has turned it in...been scouring Craigslist and Pawn Shops to see if anyone has tried to sell the knife that was in it. I've replaced everything else, but that knife is irreplaceable. Hopefully I can find it.

Comment

I feel your pain. Unfortunately the area is rampent with thieves. We have had numerous items stolen off of private property that borders the WMA. I hope that you are able to find your knife. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                Mike is right. Lock it and hide it, if you want to keep it yours. Too many folks know that a parked truck will be unattended for a long time. I even had a few beers taken from my cooler at primitive camp when I hunted there solo once. At leat they did not take them all.
                Those were yours. I thought I was just taxing some out o towners.

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                    Idaho Tradbow, we may have to get together for a trip to Granger.
                    sure thing stix

Comment

Funnt thing is I have never lost and arrow.
                      Lost plenty of those out there. A few were actually stuck in something that ran off. Not many of those though.

Comment

DM, If you took them I wouldn't consider them stolen.

Comment

When will you be back down WUD?

Comment

After new years sometime.

Comment

May try to go out this afternoon, you know walk off some of this food.

Comment

Wish it were closer, 2 1/2 hour drive from house to parking lot. Got to work at 5 p.m.

Comment

Working...
                                X