Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know granger dont!!

Comment

Closest place to shoot lead at pigs on public land near Austin? Surf to the TPWD website and look for places in Limestone County. There are several. Good hunting! (but don't tell us about it on this fourm). Yeah, Limestone county is not 'near' Austin, but it is the closest.

Comment

Granger is archery only for pigs I believe. Rifle and hogs is fun too. Extended tube shotgun with buck shot works when you stalk into a herd and open up.

Comment

I found a dead pig on San Gabriel unit across the river from the primitive launch small black sow, seemed as though it had not been dead long.

Comment

Hey Muzzy100,

you didn't happen to see a black and white camoflauge backpack out there did you? I left mine there Saturday night and someone picked it up yesterday (sunday) between 9am and 11am.

Comment

Seems to be a bunch of folks leaving stuff at Primitive launch, almost like a yard sale !!!!

That is my fear that I leave something important as I drive away.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                Seems to be a bunch of folks leaving stuff at Primitive launch, almost like a yard sale !!!!

That is my fear that I leave something important as I drive away.
                Funny man with your jokes. Go ahead. Rub a little salt in the wound before it has even begun to heal. Next time you camp with me you will notice bright orange cordage tied to all my gear. Or it being bright orange. I have left or misplaced more stuff at granger than anywhere ever. Or it jumps out of the kayak. And it is only granger this happens. As if there is a granger gear curse. To date I had a 5 inch cold steel voyager disappear after a fishing trip, I have had a leather man jump out of my wader chest pocket and into to the river, and last and my most expensive item donated to granger was my bending branches kayak paddle. That one still hurts. Funnt thing is I have never lost and arrow. Maybe that is a sad thing.

Comment

Oh a silver mini mag flash light also managed to work its way into the river.

Comment

I just can't believe someone would walk up and take someone else's backpack that has their name in it, along with a bunch of personal items. I really hope someone is going to be a good citizen and will return it. Sucks...

Comment

Man hate to disappoint you but they will surly take a back pack left in the woods. They will even help themselfs to your ice chest in your truck bed. And I met one dude that had his bow and case taken out of his truck while he was dove hunting.

Comment

A buddy of mine got drawn for the crossbow hunt in late Nov. He has hunted very little and I am planning on going along as video man/ guide/ stand by hunter. Have any of you guys seen any good bucks out there this year? If so, what units. He really just wants to shoot a doe and maybe some hogs. A buck would be a bonus. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Just FYI if you are not lucky enough to be allowed in standby, they will not allow you on the place during the hunt, not even in the camp area. Your chances of getting in standby are probably better if you bring a crossbow, they had a shortage of those last year, they did turn away some compound guys last year those spots where all filled up on most of the hunts. It would be a good idea to call trey ahead of time to get an idea of if any spots will be available.

Comment

I think they assign units as well. There are plenty of nice bucks out there and I have seen 2 over 150 this year.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I do have a crossbow and will give him a call.

Comment

Do they have a traditional class? Recurve and longbow?

Comment

Working...
                                X