No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went out Tuesday evening to the canoe launch for about 1.5hrs just before dark. First trip since March and boy it sure looks different. I'm with you tex on the undergrowth it is thick. I saw 8-9 deer and this little guy.
    Attached Files

Comment

Need to schedule some time up there again. 2 1/2 hour drive.

Comment

Think I am going to spend a night out in san gabriel this weekend. Set up an ambush point heading to the river. Then go camp. Going to be a cold one.

Comment

Dude wish I could make it up there with my hammock. Shoot straight.

Comment

how did the weekend go?

Comment

So I'm new to tbh, and have been shooting hogs for 2 years. I just built an AR that I'd love to kill some hogs with...

How does one hunt on public land? I'll be in the are thanksgiving weekend, how could I set up a trip?

Comment

Originally posted by TheJonatron View Post
                So I'm new to tbh, and have been shooting hogs for 2 years. I just built an AR that I'd love to kill some hogs with...

How does one hunt on public land? I'll be in the are thanksgiving weekend, how could I set up a trip?
                Please dont take that AR out there. It is bow only. Go buy a public lands permit and hunting lic. Follow the rules for granger wma that is posted on TPWD website and sling arrows at the piggies.

As far as the weekend man it was great! No piggies. But I did a lot of hammock hanging, and exploring new grounds.

Comment

It was slow at work so I did some reading. I need a public permit, and need to complete a hunters education course.

I didnt read it was now only, but should have figured that as we are on TBH. Are there any public hunting areas near by that allow AR or SKS? I want to go with my dad during turkey weekend

Comment

It was slow at work so I did some reading. I need a public permit, and need to complete a hunters education course.

I didnt read it was now only, but should have figured that as we are on TBH. Are there any public hunting areas near by that allow AR or SKS? I want to go with my dad during turkey weekend
                    Be careful what you use when hunting turkeys (from the TPWD Outdoor Annual p.55):

shotguns are the only legal firearm that may be used to hunt Eastern turkey during the spring Eatern Turkey season (see County Listings). Rifles and handguns may not be used to hunt Eastern turkey

There may be other game and means restrictions in the county or WMA that you are hunting. I don't think TPWD does not list turkey as legal game at Granger.

Comment

If I read it right here is a place could be others ???

Robertson county Luminant Texas #607

1000acres, Hog regular season Nov. 5th thru March 31 All legal means allowed

There was alot of people there opening day of bow season last year, I'm sure opening day of gun is the same.

Maybe by turkey day it will have settled down.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion.

I meant I want to take my Dad thanksgiving weekend to go shoot hogs with my AR and SKS, would anyone know of a place near Austin that allows rifles against hogs, public land.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by biglew View Post
                          Be careful what you use when hunting turkeys (from the TPWD Outdoor Annual p.55):

shotguns are the only legal firearm that may be used to hunt Eastern turkey during the spring Eatern Turkey season (see County Listings). Rifles and handguns may not be used to hunt Eastern turkey

There may be other game and means restrictions in the county or WMA that you are hunting. I don't think TPWD does not list turkey as legal game at Granger.
                          I think he means that thanksgiving week he will be in the area to hunt hogs and wants to use a sks or ar. Not that he wants to hunt turkey with said weapons. hogs and simi auto riles are fun fun fun.

Comment

Gray ghost how far is that from austin?

Comment

About 2 hours from Round Rock thru HWY 79 to HWY 7.

Comment

cool thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X