Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
    This past weekend. San Gabriel unit. Pic does not do him justice. He smelt like a huge stack of maple pancakes that someone has been urinating on. So I let him lay. Over 200 up to 300lbs would be my guess.
    He is the UGLIEST hog ive ever seen out there....Great kill!! im gonna have to play catch-up now

Comment

Great kill Mike. I'm gonna have to get out there this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
        This past weekend. San Gabriel unit. Pic does not do him justice. He smelt like a huge stack of maple pancakes that someone has been urinating on. So I let him lay. Over 200 up to 300lbs would be my guess.
        I have a spot in the San Gabriel unit where I have been pooring black strap molasses, maybe thats where he gets the maple pancake smell from.

P.S.
        M 9 yo grandson said "THAT IS AN UGLY BEAST"

Comment

Originally posted by bigsteve View Post
          I have a spot in the San Gabriel unit where I have been pooring black strap molasses, maybe thats where he gets the maple pancake smell from.

P.S.
          M 9 yo grandson said "THAT IS AN UGLY BEAST"
          lol i like panckaes and bacon....but not like that!! lol
          man i need to get out there and maybe hit up that unit!

Comment

About a mile up river you will see almost a trench from where they are wallowing. It is really obvious from the river. Just past the camp. There was about 40 yards of what looked like maybe a large tire rut in the mud and a trail that goes up in the woods. You can see it was a sounder of hogs as the tire rut is smaller in some spots and larger in others. The other one I seen that was on west side of the river was just before camp. This one had no wallows but was an obviouse place critters were using to go up and down to drink. I did flag two of the spot in the river with red flagging tape so you maybe able to find easier.

This was a huge ugly pig for sure. LONG LONG hair. Long head also. I swear his hair was 4 inchs thick. His shoulders were very broad aswell. Like a pit bull hog. I was honestly a little bit intimidated by him and the thought of him coming after me and eating me after I flung a stick at him. I knew he would not be to happy. But he ran opposite of me back the way he came about 20 yards did a circle and hit the ground. I did not blink for 45 min in fear he was just wounded and would jump up and eat me at any moment. I am telling you dude was big! I bet he did find your blackstrap cause he smelt like pancakes big time. I mean big time. I smelt him way before I seen him. I am glad he did not make it to far cause there was very little blood. It all collected in the mat of hair he had. Also very little mud so I am thinking he crossed the night before and was headed back to the river for a mud bath or to cross back and head home for the day. Hell its all specultaion. I am just glad I did not get him during GRXH. Would not want to eat that maple litterbox smelling pork.

Comment

Man that's AWESOME!!!! congrats on the pig!

Comment

Hey I seem to have left my orange bending branchs paddle at the primative launch. So if you happen to run across it let me know. Erggggg

Comment

I was down there this morn and didn't see one.... But I will keep a lookout. Congrats on the pig!!

Comment

Yea I am sure it did not stay there too long.

Comment

Yea know what you mean!! There wad a few guys fishing there... Did you shoot him from th boat or get out on him? He looks huge! Saw a few fresh wallows this morn but no pigs.

Comment

I hauled in some stinky corn on the yak and beached a ways down from the trail. Went and found me a good spot to sit a dove stool against some trees, sprinkled the corn on the trail to stop who ever might come along.

I keep kicking myself in the butt. That paddle was not cheap. Was not the most expensive but not cheap. The excitement must of got me.

Comment

Nice! Sucks about the paddle. Went to pecan grove this afternoon and saw a few does but nothing close enough. Did bust a group of hogs too prob 5 to 10.

Comment

Mike PM sent. Nice pig, if I can help let me know. Might have to come on a guided hunt.

Comment

me and plus1 heading out in the morning for some pigs. let me know if anyone is out there and maybe we can team up on some pigs!!

Comment

More pics please.

Comment

Working...
                                X