No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

with this morning weather feelign a bit crisp, im gonna try and head out this weekend for some piggies!!

Comment

Originally posted by JayKen86 View Post
      Mike go find that big deer for me! haha j/k. I dont know if im gonna be able to come up and scout granger at all before my hunt. the dates I was drawn for was december 12th to the 16th. You should try to get on standby while im there!
      I was kinda thinking about it. I will do some scouting for you. "babe I have to go hunting this weekend, its for jay, its really important that I find some deer for him, please dont be mad"

Comment

I am still doing fire releif this weekend. But that may not happen. Have not heard back from the land owner. So with that said. I may head to Granger. Shot gun and bow.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
          I am still doing fire releif this weekend. But that may not happen. Have not heard back from the land owner. So with that said. I may head to Granger. Shot gun and bow.
          x2

Comment

i knew you was a good man Viper! Hats off to you and if you make to GREH again this year I will buy you a beer.

You know how many friends I asked to help me come help a stranger out and flat out turned me down or told me I was crazy. Lots of people need help out there. But ironicly I found people from all over the US to help. Weird how that works. But with them telling me no, I get to tell em no when they want to go hunting, or need a truck to move, or pull there dumb butt out of the mudd. The funny thing is one dude has a very large dead tree in his front yard. Atleast a 800 dollar job to cut down and haul off that I was going to do for him for free. Haha, Nope, when I asked if he could help for a few hours he said "na man, I am going to enjoy my weekend. But you have fun." Cant wait when asks are you ready to or when you want to start on that tree. Too much longer and it is going to fall on his house and have even more to deal with. Its his front yard too. So I will for sure have an Ice chest with cold beverages and lawn chairs in the front yard just to add insult to injury while he goes and rents saws, trailers and trucks to get it done. Hell his dumb butt will most likly end up making it fall on his house. And he sure aint got the money to pay someone to do it. I told him I woud help him with it when it cools down a few months ago went the drought took it over. Said we would have a tree cutting party. But I aint lifting a finger now except to open the cooler and reach for another beer, smile and wave. Thats what you call Karma in my book!

Comment

DM I might be spending more time at Granger this year did not get drawn for Camp Bullis. If I see you and Viper at GREH I'll buy you both a beer.

Comment

Your a good man mike. Again im sorry I couldnt make it up there to help out but between work and my mothers birthday the weekend you started up there I just couldnt find the time to make the trip. I am still really bummed I wasnt there workin my butt off with yall.

Comment

Originally posted by JayKen86 View Post
                  Your a good man mike. Again im sorry I couldnt make it up there to help out but between work and my mothers birthday the weekend you started up there I just couldnt find the time to make the trip. I am still really bummed I wasnt there workin my butt off with yall.
                  shh dont tell kristi but the tractor did all the hard work

Comment

Went down to Pecan Grove this morning. Got within 15 yards of a pack of 5 pigs in the reeds, but didn't realize it till they were scattering to the winds. Took my little brother who for the first time got to see some game up close as we ran up on some does as well. Good time overall.

Comment

Good deal. I be the newbie really enjoyed that.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                        DM I might be spending more time at Granger this year did not get drawn for Camp Bullis. If I see you and Viper at GREH I'll buy you both a beer.
                        Let me know when you make it down here. Bring a fishing pole. We can hunt the afternoon then wet a line and share a sixer.

Comment

Originally posted by Neano View Post
                          Went down to Pecan Grove this morning. Got within 15 yards of a pack of 5 pigs in the reeds, but didn't realize it till they were scattering to the winds. Took my little brother who for the first time got to see some game up close as we ran up on some does as well. Good time overall.
                          Awesome! I bet he's ready to go back! Game up close and personnal still gets my blood pumpin everytime! Were yall N or S?

Comment

Spent most of the time on the south side. Looped around and followed the river back on the north side.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                              Let me know when you make it down here. Bring a fishing pole. We can hunt the afternoon then wet a line and share a sixer.
                              Sure enogh will, but can we make that a twelve of Shiner.

Comment

6er sounded better because of the "LEO"

Comment

Working...
                                X