"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have some questions for y'all.
    Are they doing the heli hunt this year, and if they do when.
    And are there dates for the Granger Ranger hunt yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopper View Post
      You do have to have your hunting license as well as the public land permit ^^^
      yup both

Comment

Originally posted by longbow View Post
        I have some questions for y'all.
        Are they doing the heli hunt this year, and if they do when.
        And are there dates for the Granger Ranger hunt yet.
        They already did... I think it was in february if I remember correctly.... We'll blame the crappy granger ranger hunt on that! . Hahaha

Comment

The land we have was eradicated by chopper hunts...or the pigs left to find water. We have 15 cameras out and maybe 1 or 2 pigs have been seen in our pics.

Comment

Granger Ranger Xtreme Hog Hunt is usually a week or two after the Helo Shoot. Seems to work out that way. GRXH is usually the weekend before Bownanza. Towrds the end of Feb if my mind is working.

Comment

Originally posted by basscast View Post
              The corps permits are free at most lakes, so you won't have to spend $48 for the APH permit unless you hunt other TP&W property.
              Granger WMA does require the Annual Public Hunting Permit (APH) $48 and a hunting license, not just a license and Corp permit.

Just to clear that up - no reason to give out incorrect information or not knowing what is required and someone get in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by ground level View Post
                Granger WMA does require the Annual Public Hunting Permit (APH) $48 and a hunting license, not just a license and Corp permit.

Just to clear that up - no reason to give out incorrect information or not knowing what is required and someone get in trouble.
                Originally posted by basscast View Post
                The corps permits are free at most lakes, so you won't have to spend $48 for the APH permit unless you hunt other TP&W property.
                Originally posted by bluenavigator View Post
                Didn't know that TPWD is going to turn the reins over to Corp of Engineers. Where can I get permit from COE? Any idea.... planning to go there, starting in Sept.
                i think he was refering to when TPWD turns the reins over to the Corp.

Comment

Granger Post card hunts

Originally posted by viper3853 View Post
                  you can get the permit anywhere you get your license(walmart, academy). its called Annual Public Hunting Permit, its $48.00. it is a annual permit so its 9/1-8/31, so i would wait to buy it until the first of Sep. unless you dont care about paying the amount. they will "close" Granger to the public when they do the postcard/drawn hunts. they will have closure dates on TPWD, not arent out yet.
                  Sounds like some of you guys know more about the future of Granger WMA than I do (and I sort of run the thing). We (TPWD) will be running the hunts this year (and as far as I know in the future). The drawn hunts will be business as usual - the area will be closed for those hunts and the application for public drawing book is out now (online and scattered around at different TPWD offices - Granger COE office might have some copies).

I am working up a new thread outlinng the post card hunt. The area will not be closed for that hunt. Selected hunters will be authorized to harvest spikes and does during the regular season on GWMA in addition to other APHP listed legal species. Hope to have the specifics on-line today. TREY

Comment

anyone been out recently?

Comment

Finally got one of Grangers Elusive hogs!!!
                      Last edited by TJE; 08-09-2011, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Comment

Oh very nice to see one of those down out there.

Comment

Great Hog. Great looking bow also! Story??

Comment

Congrats and nice shot to

Comment

what ?!?!?! someone actually killed a pig at Granger??!?! Nice sized pig whats the story? where at? how many yards?

Comment

Working...
                                X