"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by viper3853 View Post
    went out yesterday after work, tried calling in some coyotes with no luck and then ended up stalking a pig in the weeds for ten minutes that turned out to be an armadillo!! those dam things are loud in the weeds!! the cool front didnt move in til about 9:30ish right after i left, dunno if there was any rain with it. had fun being out there though, it had been a while.
    Ha, i did the same one time. Except it was more like 30 min. Just started to get dark and I was back in the thick woods. I felt like an idiot cause my heart was all pounding real hard. I was waiting for 500lbs hog to step out snapping and popping his jaws ready to eat me. Then the dang dillo scurrys across the trail for behind the tree. It took me a min to admit it was only a dillo and there was not a hog in that brush. But finally I came to reality that I had just wasted 30 min stalking a dillo that I could of just walked right up to punted. But it is a memory so.... Guess it was not a waste. Glad I am not the only dillo stalker.

Comment

Dirty Mike and Viper talented both of you.

Comment

Dirty Mike the fishing is hit or miss, Ill run them for a week and catch a bunch and then run them the next week and it is a flop, had 80 jugs out last week for two days I pulled them up because the fishing was slow only caught about 25 or so, pretty slow for the number of hooks.

Comment

Ive been seeing a lot of cotton mouths lately.. Several were no where near water.. Be careful walking out there!!

Comment

Originally posted by viper3853 View Post
            went out yesterday after work, tried calling in some coyotes with no luck and then ended up stalking a pig in the weeds for ten minutes that turned out to be an armadillo!! Those dam things are loud in the weeds!! The cool front didnt move in til about 9:30ish right after i left, dunno if there was any rain with it. Had fun being out there though, it had been a while.
            haha!! :d

Comment

Originally posted by thumper View Post
              hogs at granger are smart. They sit around their camp just figuring out ways to fools you...:d
              lmao:d:d:d

Comment

Originally posted by gbeard View Post
                Ive been seeing a lot of cotton mouths lately.. Several were no where near water.. Be careful walking out there!!
                I was just woundering if anyone wore snake boots out there this time of year, and how bad are the ticks?

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                  I was just woundering if anyone wore snake boots out there this time of year, and how bad are the ticks?
                  i dont wear snake gaurds, i just wear boots and watch where i step. havent had any experience with ticks.

Comment

The Ticks can get bad out there. I have never had any problems with them though. I use some stuff i got at cabelas and spray my clothes every 3 or 4 washings. It works.

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
                      The Ticks can get bad out there. I have never had any problems with them though. I use some stuff i got at cabelas and spray my clothes every 3 or 4 washings. It works.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Sawye...h-All+Products
                      hmmmmm looked it up. gonna pick me some up. thanks

Comment

Good to know that there is good stuff to use to kick ticks' rear.

Comment

You can also find it at REI if you have one closer to you.

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Sawye...h-All+Products
                            google 'sulfur sock' - clicky clicky

Comment

went out Sat morning, saw a whole bunch of deer, no visible antlers. found and heard some hogs, put a stalk on them with the wind blowing my scent away fom them.....then the wind changed on me and they busted me and bolted out of the weeds like a freight train. they were active in the morning. oh well i think i need to set out some corn and wait on them.

Comment

oh and i forgot to get that tick stuff and found one crawling on my shirt when i was leaving, will pick some up soon. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X